Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been asked to recruit on behalf of our client for a Facilities Manager Role
Our client has a building portfolio of well over 40,000ft2 which you will be responsible of managing.
In this role you will be accountable for managing the facilities and maintenance for our buildings and tenants. You will ensure that health, safety and sustainability activities and procedures are compliant, whilst delivering effective and compliant facilities management services for all stakeholders.
Sourcing and reviewing required service contracts including establishing requirements, sourcing quotes, negotiating prices and contracts
Manage and oversee hard serves i.e., HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical. Checking all systems are within working conditions and to standard.
Propose and monitor building services and maintenance budget
Undertake regular building inspections, complete reports, and initiate/progress any required works with suppliers
Review all relevant Risk Assessments and highlight any potential risks and improvements both internally and for consultants and contractors.
Conduct H&S inductions to all staff as required, and ensuring logs are maintained and updated
Produce, review, and maintain policies and procedures in line with relevant HSE guidance
Initiate, plan, execute monitor/control and close capital works projects in line with external consultants
Review, update, and budget capital expenditure based on life cycle reports.
Build lasting relationships and communicate with internal and external stakeholders before during and after Capital Projects
Maintain the access control and CCTV systems and work with the relevant contractor and HR to keep the systems up to date and monitored correctly in line with GDPR requirements
Ensure relevant contracts and purchase orders are in place for all works
Coach and support Facilities Assistant
Train junior member(s) of the team in H&S i.e., conducting basic risk assessments.
- Demonstrable proven experience in a Facilities Management capacity
- Expertise and Experience in Procurement and Tender Processes.
- Detailed and proven knowledge and experience of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Full and clear understanding of health and safety risks, processes, and legislation.
- Expertise in initiating, planning, executing monitoring/controlling and closing capital works projects.
- Working with external consultants and advisors.
- Understanding of owner, occupier, and landlord/tenant relationship.
- Ability and proven experience of management report writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively through Microsoft Office suite.
- Prior experience of budget responsibility.
- Proven track record of stakeholder management.
- Experience of managing a small team.
- Experience of working in a tenanted environment from a landlords’ perspective.
- Membership or Associate Membership of BIFM.
- Accreditation with IOSH and/or NEBOSH.