Interim Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
This is an exciting opportunity working for an educational establishment with an ambition to build a sustainable service for existing and new customers.
Our client is now looking for a Facilities Manager to join their team on a 6 – 12 months FTC.
Your primary brief will be to review all aspects of hard services maintenance-plant, machinery, contracts, mechanical and electrical installations and systems, lifts, fire safety, risk and compliance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage the in-house Maintenance functions and external contracts- ensuring compliance at all times, adherence to PPM schedules, driving service levels, improving standards and developing the teams
- Support to the Head of Dept. on H&S and business continuity
- Support to the Head of Dept for budgetary management and reporting.
- Review supply chain and contracts to extract the best value whilst maximising service levels.
- Support to the Security Manager for contract/infrastructure advice and execution where appropriate
- Responsibility and accountability for the in-house maintenance and facilities teams and external contractors for all hard and soft services deliverables and a range of suppliers.
- To include post room, archive management, fire, lifts, M&E, HVAC, planned preventative maintenance programmes and reactive day to day operational requirements
- Resource planning all the workloads-organising, allocating and recording holidays and absences to ensure appropriate resourcing at all times for the banks operating requirements
- Performing staff appraisals.
- Recruitment, training and development of staff
- Lead on moves management and office space planning.
- Creating monthly space occupancy data and ensuring space plans are up to date.
- Financial management-commercially astute.
- Extract best value from supply chain whilst driving service levels.
- Lead and report monthly on H&S stats and risk matrix
- Collate and report on range of management information against internal service level deliverables
- Manage the building fabric maintenance programmes and office moves
- Contract and supplier management-oversee the supply chain ensuring due diligence on all contracts and adherence to service levels are being monitored.
- Must have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s grade A-C or equivalent qualification;
- BIFM or RICS member
- NEBOSH certification
- Professional accreditation – e.g. BIFM exams
- In house private sector experience (not from outsourced or property manager FM background)
- Management of maintenance teams
- Succession planning