Head of Facilities, Health & SafetyBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been asked to recruit on behalf of the client for the role Head of Facilities, Health & Safety in London.
The role is a 6 month fixed term contract and will be a key role in their team where you will be responsible for the smooth running of their building ensuring all health and safety legislations adhere to the expectations.
The successful candidate will be expected to spend the majority of their working week at the clients building but there is opportunity for flexible working around this.
About the role
You will be responsible for overseeing and advising all aspects of Health & Safety including training, risk assessment and management, this would also include operations as Chair for the Health & Safety committee
Your role will be to day to day manage facilities including repairs and maintenance.
You will track anticipated long and short term facility improvements, you will be required to respond and coordinate emergency situations.
You will be required to liaise with the Landlord, operator, planner and contractors to scope and procure services, managing and monitoring lease obligations, responsibilities and compliance in accordance with the relevant contracts.
Your role will require you to oversee the provision of premises, equipment and health and safety training for them. Working close with colleagues as well to ensure a smooth and efficient experience.
- Relevant FM qualification – member of an appropriate professional body
- NEBOSH/ IOSH qualification
- Management of a broad portfolio of activities which includes direct staff management, service contracts monitoring, board reporting, KPI management
- Experience of compliance/ H&S regulations
- Led or contributed to the development of strategy and policy for the development of facilities
- Led services as part of an integrated, multidisciplinary team
- Strong experience in health and safety management setting
- Has developed and managed budgets for a broad range of services and maintenance provision
- Able to demonstrate scoping required services, service level agreements, KPI’s and supported the development of contracts
- Experience in negotiation, development and maintenance of positive relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
- Demonstrable self-motivation and ability to work without supervision, able to lead and develop others
- Knowledge and application of best practice facilities management and Health and Safety operations
- Involvement in projects
- Working in multidisciplinary teams and working across departmental areas of responsibility
- Developed contract negotiator
- High level communication skills
- Logical, systematic problem solver with ability to co-ordinate and deliver a variety of requirements for diverse stakeholders
- Clear communicator
- A flexible attitude and a team player
- Able to meet targets and deadlines
- Strong and engaging approach within a service ethos
Maxwell Stephens are expecting a high-volume response for this role, so please apply without delay to avoid disappointment.
If you’d like to find out more about this Head of Facilities, Health & Safety role, please contact one of the Maxwell Stephens team on 0207 118 4848 for more details. You can also send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.