Project BuyerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been asked to recruit on behalf of the University Of Cambridge for the Project Buyer position. This role will be working 2 days within the Cambridge Office and 3 days at home.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Senior Procurement Manager and will be responsible for identifying, establishing, directing, leading and managing key areas of spend on procurement-related activity covering all aspects of the work of Estate Management.
The Estate Management Division is responsible for the design, construction and maintenance of the Estate. The successful candidate will be highly adaptable Project buyer allocated to work within different parts of the division. You will be working with the internal and external stakeholders ensuring all parties receive excellent service and drive tangible value for money.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Your role will require you to manage the performance of contractors, consultants and suppliers on the managed list via the framework agreement ensuring the University’s expectations are agreed.
- You will be leading on the development and dissemination of best practice procurement.
- Your role will require you to develop and manage appropriate KPI’s and benchmarks which will be measuring the performance.
- Your role will require you to liaise with Project managers, finance colleagues ensuring budgets are available for all procurement activity.
- You will be responsible for identifying, establishing, directing and leading key areas of spend on procurement related activity covering all aspects of the work of Estate Management.
- Your role will require you to design and deliver presentations/coaching to others outside of the team when necessary.
- As well as all the above, you will be leading and managing on the contract risk by confirming, clarifying and structuring the results of negotiations. Managing the resolutions of any complex points of law with Legal Services and their external Lawyers, liaising with any suppliers amending and agreeing the contracts.
- Extensive Procurement experience gained within a Construction/FM environment
- Experience of building strong stakeholder relationships both internally with customers and externally with suppliers to enable the delivery of objectives
- Excellent Literacy and Numeracy skills
- Strong analytical ability must be able to analyse data and create presentations.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) and qualified to level 4 or above with ethics module
- Have a Bachelors degree or equivalent
Maxwell Stephens are recruiting these roles exclusively and any direct or third party candidates will be sent to us. Don’t miss out on this opportunity! Apply now to avoid disappointment as Maxwell Stephens expects a high volume of responses for this role.
If you would like to learn more about this role, please reach out to the Maxwell Stephens team at 0207 118 4848 or by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information on Maxwell Stephens and our services, please visit our website at www.maxwellstephens.com.