Health, Safety & Environmental Officer – 3 Month Contract (Immediate Start) – Ref 821Back to Vacancies List
Our client are a national institution for further education. As Health, Safety & Environmental Officer you will be responsible for providing day-to-day support in relation to health, safety and environmental matters and will also be responsible for updating health and safety policies and procedures.
- As directed by the HSEQ Manager, to provide advice and guidance to staff and students on day-to-day health and safety matters.
- To escalate issues as appropriate to the HSEQ Manager in a timely manner.
- To monitor and review all risk assessments in a timely way ensuring they are signed off before activities take place.
- To produce monthly reports, to provide senior management with commentary on the institutions performance in relation to health and safety and highlight areas of risk.
- To ensure all health and safety testing, maintenance and inspections are completed and maintain records.
- To conduct health, safety and environmental inductions for staff, students and incubatees.
- To monitor energy usage against carbon reduction targets and escalate any areas of risk to the HSEQ Manager in a timely manner.
- To monitor and investigate where necessary all accidents and incidents.
- To complete a full review of all health and safety policies and procedures including but not limited to COSHH, LOLER, working at height and manual handling.
- To write up policies and procedures for health and safety and general operations as directed by the HSEQ Manager
- To assist the HSEQ Manager to produce annual health and safety report for the board of governors detailing the institutions performance over the last academic year.
- To assist the HSEQ Manager to produce annual environmental report for the board of governors detailing the institutions performance over the last academic year against its carbon reduction targets.
The successful candidate will be able to clearly demonstrate the following:
Skills & Experience Required
- NEBOSH Health and Safety General Certificate
- NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management
- Experience of leading and motivating staff
- Experience of report and policy writing
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, in particular, the ability to communicate complex information that can be clearly understood by others
- Demonstrable report writing, policy development and data analysis skills
- Presentation skills
- The ability to remain calm and direct the activities of people whilst in a pressured environment
- The ability to manage a varied workload and deliver results under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Customer focus and commitment to high level of service provision
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team