Operational Manager – Ref 840Back to Vacancies List
This is an exciting opportunity to join a commercial cleaning services company as an Operational Manager. This is a new role due to expansion. The expansion has been a result of increased business with existing clients as well as awarded new contracts. This growing business differentiate their service by their management’s team active involvement in ensuring their clients’ expectations are exceeded each year they are serviced.
- To develop and maintain a professional and proactive business relationship with all levels of client’s representatives; promoting the Company and development of services
- Maintain regular contact with all employees within their area of responsibility
- Plan and allocate work to ensure effective use of staff and equipment. Compilation of rosters in conjunction with personnel at Contract.
- Ensure that standards are consistently achieved and maintained. Ensure regular audits on standards via site audits and due diligence documentation audits are carried out at site level.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of all documentation.
- Advise Company Director of all changes which affect cleaning requirements, including additional equipment or areas to be cleaned, increase or reduction in frequency or any new services and anything that will affect business profitability.
- Manage implementation Health, Safety and Environmental policy. Carry out Risk Assessments on methods of work, use of chemicals and equipment, and maintain relevant documentation, ensuring compliance with all Health & Safety Legislation.
- Identify and initiate improvements to customer service, quality and operational efficiency. Provide advice, guidance and direction on operational procedures to resolve major issues and satisfy customer requirements.
- To produce accurate and timely reports and information as required by the client or the company.
- Maintain budgetary control of labour / materials
- Minimum of 10 Years’ Experience:
- Experience within the FM Management arena.
- Strong customer and client focus – must have experience in customer facing Facilities Management environment.
- Supplier management – must have experience of managing suppliers in a similar type of environment.
- Evidence of managing performance and identifying improvements through the use of management data.
- Team Player – experience within a contract facilities management team
- Communication – good level written, oral communications skills. An influential communicator, with the ability to deliver clear and concise messages and identify mutually agreeable solutions.
- Proven track record of achievement
- Demonstrates experience of co-coordinating services and full awareness of H&S issues
- Knowledge of quoting and tendering process
- Proven ability to motivate, lead and develop a team of people
- Ability to interface across all levels of the organisation
- Ability to negotiate and influence across Client and Supplier organisations
- Computer literate
- Good written and verbal communication
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to react quickly and decisively when faced with a problem or issue
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Commercial and financial awareness in a client environment
- Focus on the success of the business
- Flexible attitude towards working relationships and practices
- People person – Team player
- Open to listening, understanding and implementing new ideas, concepts and practises
If you want to be part of a growing business with good career progression then apply now.