Facilities Project Manager (1 Year Contract) – Ref 841Back to Vacancies List
The Facilities Management (FM) team provides both strategic and day-to-day management of multiple sites. Their FM services are tailored to meet the client’s requirements at all sites with regards to cost management, service quality, best value benchmarking and health and safety. They deal with a geographically spread portfolio and use specialist suppliers, secured both nationally and locally, which are managed by the FM team to drive the best value.
Facilities Management in their London Head Office is outsourced to a third party supplier. The client will shortly be re-tendering this contract. The re-tender process will involve reviewing all facilities services at the client’s offices around the UK. Some offices are currently serviced by the same supplier whilst others are managed via bundled or standalone contracts.
- To manage the end to end lifecycle of the project including people management, stages, gateways, detailed plans, critical paths, and milestone definition and administration activities.
- To ensure projects assigned are established in line with both PRINCE II and the client’s planning and delivery methodologies as appropriate
- To ensure that all projects have a business case that clearly defines the scope, business benefits, financial benefits, critical success factors and key performance indicators, and are constantly assessed against these.
- To ensure that all projects and changes are governed through the appropriate Board with representation and collaborative ownership from a wide range of business stakeholders
- Work with the client’s Commercial Team to ensure adherence to public sector procurement processes
- Lead and manage other relevant Facilities and Operations related projects as appropriate
- Comply with all relevant client policy and procedures and behavioural competencies
- Ensure health and safety policy and procedures are adhered to.
- Planning and project management skills
- Proven experience of leading multidisciplinary projects with limited supervision
- Experience of assessing data and financial reports
- Proficient user of MS Office, with the ability to produce high quality presentations and reports in MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
- Willingness to take responsibility for delivery of projects to time, quality and cost
- Excellent organisational skills, demonstrating a methodical and structured approach
- Ability to take the initiative, to work under pressure and to work to tight timescales
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
- Experience of working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engage and build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of public sector procurement processes
- Familiarity with facilities management disciplines
- Familiar with current market trends and innovations regarding cost reduction
- Graduate or equivalent with demonstrable experience in project or programme management role(s)
- Relevant programme or project management qualification e.g. MSP, Prince2