Interim Facilities Manager (EMEA) – Ref 635Back to Vacancies List
The purpose of this job is to ensure the efficient and effective execution of maintenance, space planning and interior design and property management services for owned and leased corporate facilities in the EMEA and Asia Pacific regions with particular emphasis on the optimization of assets and services in alignment with the corporate strategies. This is accomplished by leading and managing the work of the contracted service providers to remove or minimize a wide variety of inherent barriers to the business to get its work done more efficiently and with fewer distractions.
This job requires intense communication, interaction and coordination with both internal stakeholders and service providers on a daily basis and requires occasional after-hours and or weekend attention as well as occasional domestic and international travel. It will require the execution of equipment and real property disposal or acquisition tasks and lease negotiations and related activities as required by growth, relocations or contractions in the business.
- Maintain facilities infrastructure to assure continued operation of business functions by providing leadership to contractors and various service providers. Coordination of property management services as required by other corporate facilities in EMEA and Asia Pacific. Defines and procures all materials and services for the facilities within their span of control. Has primary responsibility for assuring the optimal functioning of building systems including mechanical, fire/life and safety and other support services including but not limited to security, cleaning, and reception.
Space Planning, Design and Configuration
- Develop, coordinate and implement space planning and office configuration activities for facilities in EMEA and Asia Pacific to include the regional distribution centres. Provides direction and monitors the facilities service providers to execute approved plans, realize cost savings, and research other opportunities for efficiencies while maintaining the expectations of the brand.
- Maintains regulatory compliance including environmental reporting for all facilities under this position’s span of control. Implements methods to meet and sustain environmental protection strategies and champions the development of future strategies.
- Provide leadership to ensure a safe work environment. Coach and train employees to develop, implement, and monitor safety procedures, and maintain high housekeeping standards. Ensures adherence to regulatory and site safety requirements.
Technical and Strategic Support
- Support the design of facilities projects in compliance with regulatory standards. Support the development and execution of future strategies for meeting the needs of the business. Provide technical support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Implements the Work Unit Plans as it relates to property management and services goals in alignment with the corporate strategies and objectives. Develop and implement project planning and capital budgeting for regional facilities in coordination with site leadership. Continually seeks out and implements best practices and continuous improvement opportunities within the function.
- Employees at all levels are expected to keep abreast of new and changing technology and methods that enhance their skill set. This can be accomplished through continuing learning at outside classes, seminars, reading and other related training opportunities.
- Employees are expected to find ways to continuously improve processes and responsibilities in their jobs.
- This role is responsible for all maintenance metrics and performance
- Employee will interact with variety of stake holders via various communication mediums (written and/or verbal). Interact across all levels of the business for departmental project support and implementation.
- Bachelors Degree in Facilities Management, Engineering or Business
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in building maintenance, construction, space planning and project management and previous experience in property disposal, relocation and acquisition projects or activities.
The deadline for applications is: Thursday 8th August 2013
Client Interviews: Thursday 15th August 2013
Start Date: Monday 19th August 2013
Please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com