Maintenance Operations ManagerBack to Vacancies List
In this exciting role our client are looking for this individual to lead the management and direction of a multi-discipline team of trade staff providing reactive and planned electrical, mechanical and building maintenance services throughout our clients estate, currently circa. 40 staff.
The Facilities Management Team provides, to our clients customers, building and services maintenance, energy procurement and management, heat & power generation & distribution, construction safety management, fire safety, cleaning and waste disposal services, mail service, portering, telecommunications, refectory services and site management of several satellite sites.
The directly employed maintenance team (DLO) is responsible for providing reactive and planned maintenance services throughout our clients complex property portfolio consisting of several hundred buildings and a number of satellite sites.
For success you will have:
- Extensive experience at a practical level of the effective control, direction and management of Direct Labour Organisation (DLO) operations; the motivation, development and control of supervisory, craft and manual staff.
- First-hand practical experience of the organisation and maintenance operation of building engineering service plant.
- Electrical or mechanical knowledge to HNC or Degree level with considerable knowledge and experience of the other discipline.
- Relevant experience and knowledge of Building Engineering Services within a comparable organisation.
- A good knowledge and understanding of relevant statutory regulations relating to electrical plant, pressure vessels and lifting equipment including BES safety regulations, British Standards, IEE Wiring Regulations, Legionella L8. Fire Alarms and Detection Systems, Emergency Lighting Systems, COSHH, Statutory Regulations and Health & Safety at Work Act. Should be familiar with Permit to Work Systems.
- Experience of dealing with industrial relations problems, conversant with the appropriate staff instructions and union agreements and be able to communicate effectively.
- Experience of managing DLO performance, establishing relevant KPI’s and targets, producing related reports as required; reviewing and, where necessary revising working methods and procedures to optimise efficiency, productivity and cost effectiveness.
- Experience of working with Help-desk and related work/labour management systems.
Have completed a mechanical or electrical apprenticeship.
- To be conversant with modern methods of energy conservation as applied in heating, air conditioning, ventilation, refrigeration, combustion, lighting and energy management.
- Evidence of keeping abreast of technical developments particularly associated with new technology in building engineering services, building management and in all aspects of the mechanical and electrical disciplines; keeping abreast of developments and regulations in respect of building plant operations and maintenance and statutory and organisational regulations with regard to Health & Safety at Work etc.