Temporary Facilities Officer (relocations)Back to Vacancies List
We have an excellent temporary opportunity for an experienced Facilities Officer working on a demanding relocation project for our Charity Organisation client. The role will report to and support the interim facilities Manager in the relocation of the organisation’s premises in Central London and assist with overall responsibility for the provision of effective and efficient facilities services in the central office.
- To effectively liaise with and ensure good communication between all Move Co-ordinators, staff, project teams, contractors and suppliers.
- To ensure Facilities related procurement achieves best value through competitive quotations and tendering
- To establish and maintain effective administration of key corporate accounts including cleaning and security
- To ensure adequate records of departmental filing are kept.
- Liaise with the Health and Safety Department to ensure the new offices are safe and legally compliant and fire and first-aid procedures are established.
- Carry out effective management of contractors and undertake handy person services as required for small fixes including lighting and blocked lavatories.
- Ensure timely building, services and facilities maintenance which includes repairs, inspections and servicing of equipment and furniture to a planned schedule.
- Make arrangements for the security of the building out of hours. Identify “nominated” key holders and train them to lock up
- To carry out administration associated with the above responsibilities and maintain effective records as required.
- Attend project meetings, providing updates and recommendations to clients.
- You must have current experience of assisting with or managing relocation/moves projects
- Previous procurement experience – tendering and setting up contracts including negotiation
- Health and Safety Experience – IOSH qualification preferred
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Excel 2010 and Microsoft Word
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills
This role is a hands on role and will include occasional lifting of heavy boxes and working up a height therefore the candidate will need to be physically fit.
The duration of the role is expected to last for a 6 month period and the candidate must be available at short notice. If you are a passionate facilities professional and meet all of the above requirements please contact Ashley on 0207 118 4848 or send your CV to Ashley@Maxwellstephens.com