Health and Safety Advisor (2 month contract)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, a UK wide charity organisation have a requirement for a Health and Safety Advisor for a 2 month contract. The role of temporary Health and Safety Advisor is a standalone role and will be required to act autonomously.
To work closely with both senior managers locally and the Senior Health & Safety Advisor to ensure the site is compliant with regulatory and organisational requirements, proactively supporting front line managers in Health & Safety management.
The role is based in one of the organisations education establishments in the Kent area and is working 35 hours per week.
- Work closely with both senior managers locally and key responsibility holders locally to ensure the college is compliant with regulatory and organisational requirements.
- Implementing the H&S Policy and all associated procedures and organisational priorities for effective health and safety management
- Proactively supporting front line managers in H&S management.
- Providing technical advice on H&S legislation and regulations and their application to the organisations
- Monitoring the risk assessment framework and ensuring preventative and review systems are working effectively
- Reporting as required to ensure that senior managers are fully informed of risks in the operation and the measure to manage these.
- Assisting in developing and maintaining a pro-active H&S culture across the organisations.
- Act as the competent person for the local service by providing an advisory service
- Proactively working with the relevant managers across the site to ensure compliance and corrective action to maintain this.
- Providing high quality advice and guidance to managers and staff on all aspects of H&S
- Assist in the preparation annual budgets and cost allocation models for the function.
- Hold a recognised H&S qualification (IOSH or NEBOSH)
- Possess a good understanding of learning processes and the achievement of learning goals relating to H&S.
- Relevant experience of managing H&S in small to medium sized construction projects
- Appreciation of the needs and aspirations of people with disabilities
- Understanding of the enforcement regime for Health and Safety in relation to the registrations bodies in the third sector.
- Able to produce high quality reports and anyalsis to inform senior managers and facilitate decision making.
- Ability to negotiate with H&S regulators/enforcement agencies and hold others to account.