Head of Facilities Management (Law Firm)Back to Vacancies List
To develop, manage and provide strategic vision for the firm’s London properties to ensure delivery of associated facilities support and office services including real estate management, and to assist with the international offices, as and when required.
Our client is an international law firm with a strong global presence and an excellent reputation.
Overall responsibility for the provision of efficient, comprehensive and cost-effective premises management and office administration services to the firm in London, including:
- Document Management
- Front of house
- Real Estate
- Health and safety
- Tactical/strategic premises planning.
- Project managing building works/office alterations
- Procurement, budget management (approximately £7m) cost control and reporting.
- Manage the relationship with providers
- Review and remodel, where appropriate, a best practice FM infrastructure and service, compliant with legal and H&S responsibilities, to meet the needs of the firm now and in the future.
- Participate in strategic planning and development matters, including organising, reviewing/maintaining and implementing/testing the firm’s Business Continuity Plan, including fire infrastructure, wardens, emergency (eg. bomb) procedures.
- Liaise with professional advisors, eg. architects, surveyors, consultants, project managers, as required.
- Management and development of FM team, creating a “one team” approach between staff and collaborators.
Key Skills & Experience Required
- Degree in Facilities Management or CBIFM or equivalent; NEBOSH and IOSH certificated; Member of British Institute of Facilities Management.
- Extensive hands-on experience of in-house facilities management in medium-sized City organisations, preferably within professional services; experience of work with/for outsource providers and international organisations would also be beneficial.
- Ability to work autonomously, to drive and deliver change, and make decisions within the parameters of seniority and budget.
- Committed to excellence in customer service, coupled with commercial acumen.
- Contract/supplier/consultant management experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to act with tact and diplomacy, and proven competence in managing, motivating and developing a team effectively.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills.
- IT literacy in essential applications, e.g.. Excel, CAD and other facilities-related software.
International travel to our other offices may occasionally be required.
Normal office hours are from 9.30am to 5.30pm.
Facilities Management is operational between 7.45am and 7.00pm. The jobholder will work seven hours per day within these times, as the firm’s requirements dictate. However, flexibility will be required at times due to the nature of the role.
Please contact Peter Forshaw, Dominique Bradley OR Robyn Powner on 0207 118 4848 OR email email@example.com