Facilities and Maintenance EngineerBack to Vacancies List
Our client are a multinational conglomerate company who now require a Facilities and Maintenance Engineer. The role of Facilities and Maintenance Engineer will carry out routine planned preventative maintenance schedules, fault diagnosis and rectification on all Company equipment, ensuring optimum efficiency, product quality and safety is achieved. The role will also involve site services repairs, installations and upgrades.
- To maintain preventative and reactive maintenance along with engineering maintenance and breakdown services for Packing, Distribution and all site equipment
- Carry out mechanical and electrical work as and when required
- Diagnose and rectify breakdown faults in order to maintain an effective and efficient maintenance service
- Maintaining stock levels of essential spare parts and raising requisitions for replacements
- To use the Maintenance and Stock control computer systems for maintenance recording and spares requirements.
- To provide support and direction to Contractors on site ensuring they comply with the Company’s Health and Safety guidelines
- Improve line efficiencies and production yield by the design and implementation of technical improvements
- To advise operations on technical matters as and when required, assisting with training where appropriate
- Assist with Risk Assessment / Task Design and preparation of Safe Operating Procedures and follow all safety procedures
- Assist with risk assessment/task design/ and preparation of Safe Operating Procedures and follow all safety procedures advised
- May be required to assist at other sites as directed by management
- Any member of staff may be asked to perform any task (subject to training and Health and Safety requirements) dependent upon the business needs.
- Previous experience within a distribution or manufacturing environment would be beneficial
- City and Guilds Electro-Mechanical qualification or equivalent. ONC preferred
- The ability to work on mechanical, electrical and pneumatic systems
- Broad based engineering skills Computer literate with PLC experience
- Fault finding and maintenance experience of packing equipment, shrink-wrap equipment, overwrappers and label applicators
- Proactive and flexible approach to work
- Diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Ability to initiate, develop and implement change effectively
- Excellent written and spoken communication abilities
- Able to continuously identify opportunities for process improvements and maintains a sense of pace and urgency so that actions and initiatives are implemented