Temporary Facilities Assistant (Immediate Start)Back to Vacancies List
Our client are a prestigious law firm who require a temporary Facilities Assistant to support over busy period. The position will be to cover for a period of approximately three weeks or longer. All applicants must be available with no notice period and to start immediately.
The role of Facilities Assistant will be working as part of the Administration team to provide an efficient facilities and administration support service, ensuring proactive approach to programme of maintenance and timely completion of all tasks.
- Carry out daily maintenance patrols and recording results of such maintenance patrols on CAFM work control system.
- Reactive maintenance and PPM – Respond to reactive maintenance calls logged on CAFM system.
- Working as part of the H&S Management team assist in all aspects of site Health & Safety
- Identify and carry out general small repairs to office equipment/furniture etc., e.g. window blinds, cupboard door hinges.
- Check for cleanliness and general maintenance – report findings to and liaise with Building Manager as necessary.
- Liaise with service provider re maintenance call-outs etc. Order stocks of security cards and accessories. Issuing passes to new staff / contractors etc.
- Large kitchen appliances maintenance – fridges, dishwashers, microwaves oven / cooker hoods etc. – liaise with service providers re maintenance call outs and PPM. Order parts where necessary, e.g. replacement shelves.
- New joiner’s desks / signage – Setting up desks for new joiners e.g. letter trays, desk stationery, internal phone directory etc., and installation of nameplate to desk or outside office as appropriate. Clearance of same for leavers.
- Keeping on-site storage facility orderly, clean and tidy. Maintain record of all items held in on-site and/or off-site storage facility.
- Invoices – Reconcile incoming invoices against delivery notes, worksheets etc.
- Setting up of equipment in meeting rooms, e.g. erecting partition wall, reconfiguration and /or removal of meeting room furniture and audio visual equipment.
- General assistance etc. – providing cover / assistance to/for other members of the Administration team as/when/where required (Inc. working at the Winchester office site).
- Facilities experience essential at a comparable office site or similar (approx. 350 staff) with general administration / clerical experience.
- Good IT skills – Excel, Word, Outlook. Experience of CAFM (Computer Aided Facilities Management), Trend BMS and Plan security software or similar an advantage.
- Ability to work as part of a team with fluctuating workload. Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload.
- Good communication skills.
- Friendly / outgoing personality and able to maintain high standard of professionalism at all times.
- Flexibility of tasks and hours covered and to travel and work from other offices.