Building and Services TechnicianBack to Vacancies List
An exciting role has been created for a Building and Services technician to join the Facilities Management team direct for the client, a large sporting venue.
The role requires support of the current operation and the vision providing a first class all year round maintenance service with world class support for specific sporting events.
The Building and Services Technician must be able to demonstrate best practice experience of maintaining building systems within a Facilities Management department or through an FM service provider. You must be fully conversant with Building regulations and the requirements of life safety systems for buildings and events. Be able to follow complex instructions to diagnose faults and be conversant with the use of technical equipment in identifying faults to provide solutions.
You should demonstrate a good background of mechanical, electrical and plumbing experience within a maintenance environment or an excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical or plumbing services.
- To support the operation and maintenance of the mechanical, electrical and plumbing building services to ensure all systems are fully operational and compliant
- Supporting the Building & Services Manager in the management of the specialist suppliers in the year round maintenance of the venue.
- Carry out planned and reactive maintenance on the mechanical, electrical and plumbing services throughout the Estate. Ensure the CAFM system is correctly used to capture all maintenance information once tasks have been performed.
- Issue as required Permit to Works (PTW) to members of the in house team and specialist suppliers
- Develop and encourage a culture of continuous improvement and participate within the team to create an annual training plan for skills development
- Support the Building & Services Manager/Supervisor to ensure full compliance of all operating systems, identifying risk and supporting solutions to create procedures which are clearly documented
- Support the Head of Facilities Management in the preparation and management of budgets
- Provide out of hours support as required
- Support the current helpdesk facility with advice and feedback on tasks issued to ensure all procedures are accurate and relevant for the asset identified
- To form part of an on call team for periods outside normal working hours
- Undertake other duties within the scope of the Facilities function as requested by the Head of Facilities Management
- A recognised mechanical or electrical qualification
- Experience of maintaining diverse building services within a complex organisation
- Commitment to improve the level of service and to embrace new ideas and working practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work successfully across a broad spectrum of stakeholders including consultants, contractors, members, public and staff
- To be self motivated and diligent in performing all tasks to ensure the building services are operating correctly and without faults
- Ability to work independently or within a team to identify technical issues and provide timely solutions
- An understanding of High Voltage networks
- Experience of the operation and management of BMS systems
- Experience of CAFM systems
- Experience in a stadia or major public sports venue
- Experience of working within a client organisation