Maintenance Services AssistantBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a leading engineering and science company have a fantastic opportunity for a Maintenance Service Assistant. You will be based at their office in the Slough area and you will take ownership of the facilities, assisting the Facilities Manager and liaising with the wider team.
The successful candidate will have a track record in Facilities and have excellent interpersonal skills alongside first class administrative and organisation skills. You will be required to deal with contractors and ensure SLA and KPI agreements are met.
Health and safety will be a key focus within this role ensuring compliance with HSE regulations, you will be required to carry out regular work inspections and provide health and safety inductions for new starters.
- To work closely with contractors working on the premises and ensuring that contractors, within the terms of the maintenance agreement, comply with the company’s procedures relating to security and health and safety and best practice.
- To ensure all building mechanical & electrical plant is functioning correctly, safely and within the guidelines of best practice and legislative compliance.
- Responsible for general ad hoc office maintenance, rubbish clearance, skips etc.
- To undertake minor repairs and maintenance duties at the premises
- First point of contact for out of hours call out in the event of any emergencies and late night/weekend working as required.
- Day to day responsibility for pest control – ensuring criteria fully met for catering compliance.
- Management of offsite archiving Service.
- Manage all maintenance contracts and retender when required using in house procurement team.
- Ensure day to day awareness of Facilities Team functions.
- Monitoring of all e-mails to Facilities Team inbox.
- Setting up of meeting rooms & ensure that the premises are kept in a clean, tidy, safe and operational state
- Responsible for the administration of all post at Head Office
- In conjunction with third party providers administration and monitoring of supplies to the premise.
- To be responsible for stock and equipment control of Tea points and other office supplies as and when required.
- Daily walk round check to include all safety, security, (including fire, intruder alarms, car park and emergency escape routes and doors) and ensure that they are fully functioning at all times.
- Act as Fire Warden and First Aider
- Provide cover for Facilities Team Co-ordinator as required.
- Provide cover for Reception as required.
- To undertake ad-hoc duties as required by the facilities manager