Technical Services ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our prestigious client are looking to appoint an experienced Technical Services Manager, based within their corporate office/ retail building in Canary Wharf. The role will be to manage, promote and be responsible for the efficient operation and maintenance of the technical services within the designated building.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a corporate, well established organisation. In order to be considered for the role you will have experience within a similar role and have experience in ensuring a world class service is provided through effective management of the client’s technical services.
- Fully responsible for ensuring that the Landlord’s electrical, mechanical, HVAC, public health, life safety, vertical transport, facade access and general services equipment are maintained in accordance with the agreed specifications.
- To prepare and implement planned and unscheduled maintenance programmes using the given computerised database for the relevant plant and equipment.
- To control/monitor the planned maintenance for the building and to ensure that all works are carried out efficiently and economically.
- To schedule and supervise all contract works and repairs.
- Undertake reviews of contractor’s health & safety obligations and paperwork including site specific risk assessments, personal protective equipment, works method statements, training records etc.
- Regularly inspect all plant, equipment and building structure/fabric and to monitor the progress of remedial works that are implemented.
- Accountable for the rostering of technical staff as necessary and to organise and implement emergency cover arrangements for outside normal working hours
- Regularly inspect and to ensure that all services areas, plant rooms, inspection covers, etc. are maintained in pristine conditions at all times.
- Assist the Building Manager with the formulation of annual budgets
- Responsibility for the tendering and procurement of service contracts and the setting and adherence to, service levels and key performance measurement
- Co-ordinate with the Building Manager and HR Department on the recruitment and training of technical and maintenance personnel.
- Deputise for the General Manager in his/her absence, either through sickness or annual leave.
- Advise on all technical functions relating to plant equipment systems and to be familiar with latest developments in technology.
Skills and Experience Required
- Extensive Technical experience at management level within a property organisation
- Experience in setting up management processes and systems
- Previous responsibility for large budgets
- Excellent team management skills
- Personable and has a genuine focus on customer service and adding value in how the company provides services to occupiers.