Project Liason Manager (18 Month Contract)Back to Vacancies List
Our client is a leading public sector organisation whom occupy a large footprint in Central London. They have just purchased a building which they are currently redeveloping at present.
This key role will provide an over-arching customer focussed Project Liaison for the construction and mobilisation phase of the re-development.
This role will provide leadership in and deliver the following:
- Devise, manage and deliver strategy for mobilisation for facilities management for Buildings. Mobilisation would include:
- Building Operating plans
- Security Operations
- Firefighting, Emergency Preparedness and Business Continuity
- Facilities Management
- Waste Management
- Develop work stream plan, programme and input to project controls e.g. risk and issues register to support effective delivery.
- Provide regular progress reporting including monthly work stream report.
- Liaison and coordination with wider programme team and work stream leads.
- Customer services, that delivers and meets the needs of staff, visitors and contractors, that is carefully aligned with:
- The Estates and Facilities Dept. Strategy(s)
- The hard services strategy
- Along with the other senior managers you will devise and manage an annual prioritised Customer Services Annual Plan that delivers to the over-arching
- Estates & Facilities Strategy/Plan, Hard Services Plan and any other associated stakeholder plans.
- Join up completely with other divisions within our client’s offices
Set, proactively manage and monitor the operations support budget for the Buildings by:
- Competitive tenders in collaboration with the College Procurement Office
- Effective contractor, supplier and vendor management
- Ensuring timely and accurate payment of all contractor/supplier invoices
- Innovative FM delivery programmes; looking at value for money and sustainable cost savings
- Setting and managing sustainable short, medium and long term savings and efficiency targets
- Managing and delivering several key economy measures with appropriate pre agreed savings in line with financial forecasts – most notably as a result of adopting London Living Wage
Health, Safety and Security
Key to and underlying the FM service delivery is robust Health & Safety organisation. This role, in collaboration with Health & Safety Services you will need to ensure that the buildings have:
- Adequate fire marshal coverage – including working with the faculties to ensure out of hours’ coverage
- Adequate first aid coverage
- Records of all accidents, incidents and near-hits, which are investigated and actioned in an appropriate manner
This role will also:
- Act as Evacuation Controller as required
- Ensure compliance with the Safety at Work Act and all other relevant H&S legislation
- Ensure all contractors/suppliers have robust H&S policies, procedures and protocols in place and that their on-site staff are fully briefed, trained and competent
- Ensure robust emergency procedures are in place and regularly tested for the Bush House Buildings
- Liaise closely with the Head of Security to ensure that all buildings, staff, students and visitors are secure at all times.
To manage the customer services partners, via a one-team approach, who deliver:
- Cleaning/Pest Control
- Waste removal – multi stream
- Post and Courier services
- Focussed operational performance meetings