Project Manager (Move / Relocation – 1 Year Contract)Back to Vacancies List
Our client is looking for thus role to oversee their move to a newly built, high end office space.
The role will be pivotal in ensuring that the move is logistically smooth and sound, with as minimal disruption as possible to our client’s service and activity. In order to do this, you will need to be highly experienced in managing operational functions including facilities and building management, Health and Safety and Front of House, in addition to; leading and creating high performing teams, liaising with Executive and Board level stakeholders and overseeing large scale organisational moves or relocations.
- To oversee and lead on all operations and property activity
- To line manage a small operational team including; a Project Manager who is overseeing the new building fit out; a Front of House and Operations Manager; and Facilities Manager.
- To recruit and expand to the existing operational team to ensure sufficient management of the new building.
- To oversee the design and fit out of the new site (there is an in house Project Manager overseeing a professional team in place and this process is well underway.)
- Oversee all logistical aspects of the move and its staff
- To manage the tenant strategy
- To oversee the financial elements including capital costs for the fit out and the P&L for the building and business once up and running.
- To oversee legal aspects of the property project, including; dilapidations, lease and licenses. You will be supported by a strong in-house legal team and external lawyers
- To plan the effective and seamless running of the site, including appropriate recruitment and procurement of staff and contractors.
- To plan the event space and event space strategy
- To manage all risk within the building and maintain a risk register to report on for the project.
- To sit on the Property Project Board and report to it weekly.
- To report to other boards such as executive and trustees.
- To oversee the facilities function.
- Line management of senior elements of the operations and property team.
- To be the lead on health and safety and insurance.
The Person / The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong leadership skills in order to encourage; collaboration, empowerment and creativity amongst your employees.
- A background of experience working as a Project Manager, having previously worked in the property sector.
- Experience in successfully influencing key stakeholders within an organisation.
- A sound understanding of and ability to manage sometimes complex budgets.
- Experience of both legal and contract work.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience in setting SLAs and managing contractors.
- Demonstrable negotiation skills.
- Solid H&S experience and understanding
- A good understanding of insurance issues.
- Previous experience working within risk management.
- A sound understanding of facilities and building management
- Experience of catering and events (desirable) – the Front of House Manager is experienced in this and supporting this part of the project.
- Experience of working at and with a senior level within the organisation.
- A flexible approach to working, both independently and as part of a team.