Building ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens’ client, a leading property organisation; are now looking to appoint an experienced Building Manager to manage the operational day-to-day activities in line with all health and safety, environmental and company procedures, related general legislation and client/tenant requirements.
- To ensure the fabric of the building both internally and externally is maintained and services to a high standard in accordance with the management contract and agreed budgets.
- To be responsible for the drafting, monitoring and reporting of the service charge budget and expenditure for the site(s)
- To carry out regular inspection audits of the site(s) and take / organise remedial action if and where required
- To ensure the agreed planned maintenance programme carried out in accordance with the laid down timetables
- Conduct regular inspections of the building fabric and take appropriate action when required
- To work with key stakeholders and external consultants in ensuring a maintenance and repair programme is in place
- To compile and maintain records relating to the site(s); e.g. asset register, plans, plant testing, etc., taking any action which may be required
- To nurture and develop an effective working relationship with the tenants and ensure operational queries raised by them are dealt with efficiently
- To chair where relevant tenant meetings, and to participate accordingly, both individual and group
- To ensure all health and safety audits carried out in accordance with the planned programme and all follow up actions carried out within due timetable.
- To be responsible for Environmental management on site
- To ensure fire and other evacuations are carried out on a regular basis in accordance with the health and safety requirements. This includes ensuring the emergency plan and related site maps are continually updated.
- To liaise with local authorities as appropriate
- To oversee and manage major work programmes
Skills & Experience required;
- Educated to at least A level / HND or equivalent
- Previous experience of facilities management of property or portfolio properties.
- Knowledge of technical aspect of premises management
- Good awareness of Health and Safety Legislation (IOSH OR NEBOSH qualified)
- IT literate
- Excellent customer service, communication skills