Quality, Safety & Environment Manager (QSE)Back to Vacancies List
You will be part of a services division of a long established organisation. You will act as the senior manager responsible for all aspects of Quality, Safety and Environment matters pertaining to operations as part of a Healthcare PFI contract. The QSE Manager forms part of the Contract Management Team responsible for the future direction and development of the contract.
- Will act as an Authorised Person (AP) or other designated role in support of contract operations (eg Water Management and Waste)
- Promoting and driving a positive and proactive safety culture across projects and especially with respect to site work
- Providing H+S advice, guidance and coaching to teams to embed natural safety
- Undertake and assist in site inspections and audits (Statutory / Non Statutory) both internally and with external suppliers and stakeholders
- Interface with clients, contractors and other stakeholders, ensuring a proactive and effective approach to QSE and supporting delivery (e.g KPIs, briefings, induction)
- Promoting policies, processes, legislation, regulations and standards and any changes best practice identified
- Deliver training where required
- Development, Implementation and Continuous Improvement of Quality, Safety and Environmental Management Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Working effectively and contributing to the wider QSE team
- Collaborating with other staff on one’s own initiative and able to interact and support other members of the contract team as required
Desired skills / Experience:
- Healthcare Environment and Hard FM Operational experience
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent
- Environmental qualification (e.g. environmental certificate) with a good general appreciation of environmental and sustainability issues and experience in addressing such issues
- Knowledge and experience of OHSAS18001, ISO14001, ISO9001 standards and NHS HTM’s requirements.
- Proven interpersonal and influencing skills, within a site or construction or safety critical environment, with a demonstrable track record of influencing at a senior level and facilitating change
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to identify best practice and improvement opportunity
- Team player with ability to prioritorise appropriately and to deliver to tight timescales.
- To have some understanding of contractual arrangements within a PFI environment.
This is an opportunity to join a forward thinking business. To learn more, please contact Stacey Amos on 0207 1184848 or email an application today to email@example.com