Estates Management OfficerBack to Vacancies List
Our client are a leading charity seeking an Estates Management Officer to develop and manage a programme management approach to estates management, covering asset management, planned preventative programme of maintenance (PPPM), service level agreements and contracts and other key requirements.
This role will provide technical and administrative support to people accessing this information system, provide a customer focused approach to estates management and support to the Head of Property.
- Maintain a register of PPPM surveys and use software packages to schedule, plan and prioritise work schedules.
- Negotiate with contractors on commissioning instructions to undertake repairs, ensuring close liaison with Operations managers
- Manage and control external contractors employed by the organisation (trade and professional) demonstrating knowledge across a wide range of disciplines
- Develop and maintain an “approved provider” list (trade and professional) to ensure that all services have rapid access to full range of property-related disciplines
- Ensure that emergency call out provision is available across the estate
- Establish and maintain quality systems to ensure work is carried out efficiently and effectively to current standards and codes of practice
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive register of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and ensure compliance of delivery by providers
- Maintain register of valuations for acquisitions and disposals purposes
- Liaise and as appropriate negotiate with prospective with interested parties when property is to be let or sold.
- In the first instance act as first point of contact for all requests for Repairs & Maintenance and manage the routine day to day requests for assistance.
- Contribute to the development of a shared services approach to help desk and standard processing for all back office functions which would become the first point of contact for all support areas.
- Contribute to the development of a more robust approach to housing management with the possibility that some tenant management and support systems will be developed as part of estates management
- HNC/HND or Degree in Estate Management, Land Management, Valuation or RICS Accredited subject
- Be either a full or part-qualified member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- OR alternatively have substantial experience, commercial acumen and ability to work effectively within an estates management role
- Be aware of Health and Safety legislation and, in collaboration with internal Health & Safety staff, ensure compliance
- Able to advise on a wide range of property related issues
- High level of IT literacy
- Demonstrate full range of administrative skills in keeping property records and ensure confidentiality of personal data and information of a commercially sensitive nature
- Customer focused approach to work.
- Be able to adhere to strict time limits
- Drawing on significant experience, be able to identify new methods of working to achieve savings and improved service
- Able to ensure proper maintenance of the Estates records to facilitate the efficient management of property.
- Significant experience in taking direct responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of data captured
- Confidence and experience in working with external partner organisations, influencing them and representing the best interests of the client at all times
If you think you have what it takes, please contact Robyn Powner on 0207 118 4848 for more details or email your CV to email@example.com to apply for this exciting role.