Estates Mechanical and Electrical ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a leading University, are seeking an experienced Mechanical and Electrical Manager to join their Estate.
This role will have responsibility to review practices, procedures and processes and work to develop systems which will reflect industry best practice as well as best value for our client.
A key objective of this role is to reduce reactive calls and become more proactive with maintenance, thereby reducing business interruption. As a small department everyone is expected to be hands-on and team working is very much a requirement of the role.
- To manage, maintain and develop the university’s Mechanical and Electrical infrastructure and systems. Project Manage a wide variety of projects, which might including some fabric projects, e.g. cyclical redecoration and utilising external support where required.
- Manage significant Capital and Revenue budgets approximately 3m and 1.5m annually, respectively.
- Manage environmental management systems which include ISO50001 and ISO1400 to ensure successful renewal and adherence.
- To establish and deliver excellent capital replacement and improvement program, in line with environmental aspirations and best practice.
- Management of all health and safety matters relating to the Universities’ statutory responsibility.
- Manage and lead a small team of reactive maintenance staff as well as lead on outsourcing of key technical disciplines an afterwards manage that contractual responsibility utilising suitable KPIs and SLAs. Carry out appraisals on a regular basis to ensure a clear focus on staff skill requirements for Regents.
- Responsibility for performance of external service providers including, but not limited to, BEMS provider and a wide range of the usual specialists providers one might expect within a hard FM service environment
- Develop and introduce full asset management control to all M&E systems, equipment and processes
- Statutory responsibility is a key requirement and the post holder will have absolute responsibility to ensure our client addresses all statutory responsibility to the highest standard
- Develop systems and processes throughout the discipline, ensuring all documentation is kept up to date and relevant to the discipline.
- Manage all utility provision across the business ensuring best value, correctness of charges and correct alignment to business occupation and use.
- Solid evidence of training and/or formal qualification in Environmental Management
- Evidence of formal training and a qualification in Health and Safety Management ideally supported with practical experience in M&E. NEBOSH or IOSH Qualification
- Experience in Building and Environmental Management Systems (BEMS)
- Experience in running projects for M & E Services and building fabrics
- Experience in running legislative and other building services contracts
- A good understanding of legislative requirements for building services.
- A good understanding of building fabric maintenance and projects
- Full clean EU driving license
If you think you have what it takes, please contact Robyn Powner on 0207 118 4848 for more details or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this exciting role.