Building ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens’ client are a highly successful privately owned real estate services firm.
As a result of their exceptional reputation and continued success, we are supporting them with the recruitment of a Building Manager. Renowned for managing some of the country’s most complex commercial property portfolios, the successful candidate must have excellent general knowledge of FM and preferably have property management experience.
The overall responsibility of the Building Manager is to ensure the delivery of exceptional service that meets or exceeds the expectations of the Client, Occupiers and their Guests. It is envisaged that this will be achieved by the optimum operation of the building and services as well as excellent communication skills.
The Building Manager is expected to operate with a high-level of autonomy to ensure the seamless operation of the property for the Occupiers and provide an outstanding level of customer service.
To deliver the agreed service, strategy and business plan with our client’s teams and to prepare monitor and execute the agreed budgets on time and within the agreed parameters.
- Manage the on-site team and contracted service providers.
- Ensure that the building is presented in the best possible condition at all times
- Set, manage and reconcile the agreed service charge budget.
- To review & manage engineering risk.
- Review new industry regulations and contract utilities
- Manage internal and external relationships including Client, Occupiers, local authorities, service providers and statutory bodies.
- Respond to changes in Client and occupier requirements as agreed via the appropriate authorisation process.
- Assist with aspects of marketing the building as required.
- Management of Risk, Health and Safety and Statutory Compliance
- Facilities Management – In a building management context (5 years’ experience minimal)
- Hard Service bias with relevant engineering qualification
- Contract Management (SLA’s & KPI’s) – Required
- Staff management including performance review
- Service Charge management
- Management Agent Background – Preferred
- Technical/engineering qualification
- NEBOSH/IOSH Certificate
- RICS Associate qualification and /or appropriate degree (MSc Facilities Management) – Desirable