Regional Operations Manager (Education)Back to Vacancies List
Our client is seeking an experienced Regional Operations Manager (soft services) to join and support their Education sector.
You will plan, organise, direct and manage your team and other resources to take all your contracts from good to GREAT, delighting your customers and delivering efficient operations to meet company targets and budgets. At the forefront of your mind will always be to set and maintain standards of our clients’ work that reflects the professional image of the company at all times.
You are always thinking about what lies ahead and you will lead your team in seeking continuous improvement. You will participate in developing our clients’ business strategy to drive business success.
Key to the success of this management and leadership position will be building positive and enduring relationships across customer, student, supplier and frontline teams.
Health and Safety:
- As the nominated holder of the contract you will prepare, review and update the Health & Safety Plan as required. The Plan will support development of the team and help take forward Health & Safety initiatives
- Instil a culture of compliance through the development and organisation of your people to ensure successful completion of all health & safety initiatives
- Take personal responsibility for your own and the health & safety of others at work and home
- Report accident statistics and ensure that records are available for access at all times as required
- Facilitate the role of Health & Safety Champion in support of the Health & Safety Plan
- Set and maintain the highest standards of Health & Safety in compliance with company policy and ensure actions are closed out
- Undertake periodic audits and spot checks to ensure compliance with Health & Safety systems
- Ensure customers’ (from all stakeholder groups) expectations are understood, communicated, managed and / or exceeded in relation to contractual commitments
- Deal with any contractual issues promptly and proactively, escalating as required
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with your stakeholders, attending regular meetings and proactively managing meeting outcomes
- Ensure all complaints and feedback from Customers are dealt with promptly
- Organise involvement in events (Fresher’s Fayres; Service Awareness Initiatives, Competitions, etc.) that involve stakeholders and students
- Meet regularly with Customer Representatives and Stakeholders to promote ISS achievements and initiatives
- Create a management report and present at Management Performance meetings ensuring that all identified actions are closed out
- Lead by example to set the highest standards of positive people management, promoting an environment of respect and “wow” customer service
- Own the effective communication of company briefings, messages and instructions to your team
- Own your own personal development plan to demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement
- Focusing on the needs of your students and customer, manage the performance, coach and develop your team to maximise their potential
- Lead and motivate your team to provide a customer focussed service
- Ensure your team members are trained to control labour, chemicals and materials within targets, including ordering supplies, stock control systems and work scheduling systems
- Ensure relevant training is carried out across your team
- Carry out bi-annual appraisals with your team, setting stretching and challenging goals to meet the needs of your Account Development Plan
- Contribute to the delivery of best HR management practice, particularly in consideration of equal opportunity and cultural diversity by creating and maintaining an atmosphere which does not tolerate discrimination.
Planning, control and reporting:
- Working with your Line Manager and your Customer, develop an Account Development Plan, review periodically and produce contingency plans to achieve business objectives
- Set high standards in line with Company policies and procedures
- Effectively organise yourself and your team to achieve business deadlines (weekly financial returns to regional office; team appraisals, Area/Cluster meetings, etc.)
- Ensure management information is accurately recorded and maintained (timesheets, stock sheets, training records, contract files etc.)
- Review performance and ensure timely action plans are developed and implemented to drive improved performance (Financial, Added Value Initiatives, Audit, Health & Safety, Training, Personal Development Plans)
- Deliver all financial KPIs
- Analyse, review and explain financial controls systems including Payroll; Purchasing; Budgeting, Forecasting, etc.
- Create strong business cases for investment purposes
- Manage and resolve any Debt issues
- Demonstrate an understanding of budgetary targets and ensure your team work is focused on delivery
- Prepare reports and answer queries as required
- Share financial targets and performance with team to ensure understanding and compliance.
- Create ideas for improvements in service delivery, gain approval and implement working with your team
- Lead, encourage and support change initiatives
- Take responsibility when change is necessary and follow through delivery
- Analyse new initiatives to assess their impact, refining as required
- Identify and develop more effective ways of working to meet the needs of the business
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Operations Manager in service industry
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of multi-site management
- Excellent experience of successful Profit & Loss management (to be demonstrated)
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to share knowledge, experience and best practice
- Strategic focus
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative
- Proven ability to manage, lead and motivate a team of people
- Proven financial and commercial acumen
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous improvement
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office suite (or equivalent computer packages)
- Positive pro-active attitude
- High level focus on the achievement of targeted results
- High level of flexibility and a positive attitude to innovation and change
- High energy and drive to deliver beyond expectations
If you think you have what it takes, please contact Robyn Powner on 0207 118 4848 for more details or email your CV to email@example.com to apply for this exciting role.