Soft Services Assistant (Contract)Back to Vacancies List
You must be immediately available to apply for this role – 12 month FTC.
Maxwell Stephens’ client is one of the world’s leading independent, pure-play asset managers. Their business is comprised of two leading investment brands, as well as their private labelling business, which provides fund administration and other support services to third-party institutions.
For over thirty years they have successfully employed an active investment management approach based on original thought, freedom of action and true conviction investing – all backed by a strong and flexible infrastructure and lean and effective processes.
Today, with over USD 115 billion of assets under management and around 1,000 employees in 13 countries, they are a significant presence in the industry.
To provide a wide range of support services, including steward services, administration, housekeeping, and switchboard operation.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare rooms for internal and external meetings within the London offices and serve refreshments as required.
- Clear and reset meeting rooms after meetings have ended.
- Provide butler services for lunches held in house.
- Assist with the set-up for in house sandwich lunches and parties.
- Deal with the administration involved with the booking of lunches, arranging for cooks, additional butlers, printing of menus etc.
- Liaise with clients regarding in house lunches e.g. confirming attendees, confirming food allergies etc.
- Maintain wine and Champagne stocks at an acceptable level and re-order as required.
- Replenish stationery in meeting rooms.
- Waiter/ butler experience within a fine dining environment.
- Able to use Microsoft including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation
- Cheerful disposition and a ‘can-do’ approach and attitude in order to undertake the many diverse aspects of this position
- Ability to be extremely flexible and have the ability to prioritise work during the course of the day