Building Manager – Ref 683Back to Vacancies List
Our client, a prestigious property firm who manage some prominent property across London, the South East and the rest of UK are seeking to recruit a Building Manager to assist in the management of prestigious property in London.
- Develop and maintain a professional understanding and close working relationship with appropriate occupier representatives and encourage frequent and open communication and flow of information on relevant building issues.
- Manage the production of the annual building service charge budget and management accounts co-ordinating the input of internal resources and ensuring strict adherence to the published programmes.
- Ensure that Health & Safety, emergency procedures and safe working practices are established, maintained and conform with current legislation, ensuring occupier and staff are provided with a safe environment in which to conduct their core business activities.
- Act as the Responsible Person and Senior Fire Warden in the event of an emergency. Take all reasonable measures to ensure that occupiers remain aware of their obligations in respect of the building incident procedures and Fire Certificate and that the legitimacy of the document is not in any way compromised.
- Act as custodian and ensure that all aspects of the relevant manuals including Operations Manual, Health & Safety and Accounts Manuals are complied with and accurately reflect recorded amendments.
- Ensure all aspects of building staff training, development and general welfare requirements are identified and formally reviewed in accordance with the company training policy and appraisal process.
- Pro-actively procure, following the company tender guidelines where required, building and contracted services, ensuring the requisite standards for the management and delivery of building services are upheld through regular structured monitoring and direct liaison with service providers.
- Employ in practice the principles with regard to the organisation Fabric Management and Long Term Costing initiatives.
- Take ownership of vision and values of the company ensuring that they are fully integrated in to all of the buildings services.
- Financial Management
- Health & Safety
- Managerial skills
- Tendering and Contractor Management
- Basic IT Skills
- Fabric / long term costing
- Project Management
- Service Charge