Engineering Compliance Manager – Ref 714Back to Vacancies List
Working for a leading property organisation, you will take responsibility for the auditing of the Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health Services provided by the organisation to the Properties and Estates under their own management. This will involve undertaking regular audits as per the general guidance notes set-out in the Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Engineering Audit document. The overall objective of this role is to protect and enhance the landlord assets within the building / estate and ensure companies and the Suppliers are delivering the services to the required service levels.
To provide support to and make recommendations for the necessary training to the Engineering teams so that they are able to deliver engineering services as per the requirements.
Provide technical and operational support to Engineering Managers, Technical Systems Managers, Property Managers and non- technical staff as required. This may involve managing engineering projects on their behalf, or leading on technical initiatives or trials of new technologies in a specific property.
Be familiar with and be actively involved in the review and update of Engineering Guidelines.
Provide advice/input to Long Term Asset Replacement (LTAR) document.
Provide (emergency/backup) Engineering Management cover when required.
Deliver and develop engineering standard documentation. I.e. call out sheets, Minutes, Water Treatment Manual, Engineering Procedures, Log books (Cradle, Emergency Lighting), Daily Work sheet, etc.
To ensure that the Technical & Environmental Director is regularly appraised of any new developments or issues of a problematic nature and put forward recommendations for solutions as appropriate. This will include the submission of regular update status reports.
To identify Best Practice across the portfolio and make recommendations for implementing where appropriate; involving the necessary team members throughout the change process.
Ad-hoc duties as specified by the Directors
- Must have a customer focused attitude and a flexible working style.
- Excellent communication skills – highly articulate both orally and in written work
- Attention to detail
- Problem Solver
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Energy & Environmental knowledge
- Engineering Management –Direct Employees and 3rd Party/Supplier Management
- Tendering – Maintenance Contracts and Project Works
- Health & Safety
- Project Management, including over-seeing demised tenant fit-outs.
- Commercial awareness – Landlord & Occupier needs
- Budget Management
- Computer literate – Microsoft software packages to intermediate level
- HND in Building Services or Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years-experience in prime commercial property
- Engineering and electronic security service delivery
- Membership of a relevant professional body