Estate Manager – Ref 792Back to Vacancies List
Our client are an innovative, growing property company.
Reporting directly to the Senior Property Manager you will be responsible and accountable for the efficient management of on-site operation and all site based resources. The remit of the role relates to planning, delivering and managing the services delivered to the Developer, Leaseholders and Tenants with accountability for ensuring all Health, Safety & Compliance processes and procedures are implemented in line with Company Policy.
Key responsibilities will include;
- The development and delivery of an exceptional customer focused service to Developer, Leaseholder and Tenant alike.
- Defining and maintaining service levels by understanding client expectations and ensuring that services are organised to meet those expectations.
- Taking responsibility for the Health, Safety and Compliance Standards at site level, and to act as the Authorised Person for the site.
- Management and development of staff in the site based team, ensuring that they are recruited, motivated and trained to achieve the necessary levels of skills and experience and that they operate to the appropriate service standards and procedures.
- Ensuring that appropriate systems and procedures are put in place and properly monitored and managed for ensuring that all assets are fully compliant in terms of the Building Services and other Statutory Testing.
- Monitoring performance and taking appropriate action to ensure continuous improvement.
- Dealing efficiently and effectively with all Developer, Leaseholder and Tenant enquiries concerning and & all aspects of the management of the development and in particular the management and administration of the Service Charge for the development.
- Working closely with the Regional Director and other Managers to ensure consistency of practice and standards.
- Working with the relevant Head Office teams to fully and effectively manage the Service Charge Administration and Debt Management.
- Providing monthly reports to the Client and Regional Director on performance and other issues in line with the KPIs and format agreed with the Client.
- Maintaining working relationships with supply chain partners regarding Service Quality, Health, Safety & Compliance on the site.
- Assess Health and Safety Plans, Method Statements, Safety Policies and other relevant documents from those contracted to undertake work at the site, and ensure consistency/complimentary with the policies and practices adopted by the Client during the phased construction of the site.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Audit arrangements are suitable and sufficient for client and Mainstay requirements, and completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that all relevant Legislative Requirements are met in respect to the contract requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring efficient and suitable communication is maintained internally with the Clients’ Representatives, Leasholders & Tenants and external authorities.
- Such other duties as the Regional Director may from time to time reasonably require.
Our client are looking for a strong team player who enjoys a collaborative working environment. The willingness to adapt to and remain pro-active is key to success, as are personal qualities of tenacity, honesty and personal integrity.
The preferred candidate for this role will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Good level of General Education
- NEBOSH (National Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health, or be prepared to obtain)
- Supervisory/Management Qualification
- Supervisory/Management role within a property services or similar environment
- Experience of dealing with subcontractors, local authorities and other third parties
In addition to the above you will be able to clearly demonstrate skills in;
- Customer Focus
- Leadership and excellent man-management with a commitment to equal opportunities
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communications (including Report Writing)
- Ability to plan and organise and work under pressure often balancing conflicting priorities
- Assertiveness and ability to Influence
- Problem Solving & Conflict Management
- Commercially awareness with strong profit orientation
- Ability to understand strategic business requirements
- Excellent working knowledge of Statutory and other relevant standards
- Pro-active management style with strong decision making ability
- IT literacy
- Strong hands-on leadership qualities and one who leads by example – prepared to work at levels lower than the job position when necessary