Building Manager – Ref 633Back to Vacancies List
We are currently recruiting for a Building Manager. Based at a prestigious site in city centre Manchester you will report to the Regional Facilities Manager and Property Surveyor and be responsible for assisting in the smooth management of this high quality, Grade A 75,000 sq ft office building over 13 floors
This is a dynamic role in a highly challenging business environment, within a team that wishes to lead the Investor Facilities market. The Building Manager will be responsible for ensuring our clients standards of facilities management are applied to the property in which you will be based.
You will be responsible for providing a proactive service in respect of the management of this prestigious site and will be responsible for ensuring the highest level of compliance in respect of Health and Safety and Statutory Legislation of the property.
Candidates will demonstrate the following experience:-
- Substantial proven experience within a similar single or multi-site Facilities/Building Manager role
- Knowledge of construction team management, including detailed “Permit to Work” with management experience
- Excellent general knowledge of Facilities/Building Management – Administration / Building Fabric / Mechanical & Electrical services / Health & Safety / Finance / Disaster management
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Demonstrateable customer care skills and an innovative leadership style
- Excellent IT knowledge and skills with the ability to work on multiple IT systems including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and in-house database systems
- Preferably from a Management Agent background.
- Member of British Institute of Facilities Management
- IOSH/NEBOSH qualified ideal
- In addition to the above you will demonstrate a flexible, “can do” attitude; you will be a self-motivated, self-starter with proven experience multi-tasking and consistently achieving team projects and objectives.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Building/Facilities Manager looking to develop their careers and work at this prestigious property. Once established there will be the opportunity to manage a small local portfolio of other commercial properties.
Please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org