Building TechnicianBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a leading property company, have an opening for an experienced Building Technician to join their team and be based on-site at their corporate clients HQ. The Building Technician will be responsible for managing day to day helpdesk requests and reactive moves & churns and must also demonstrate a high level of security awareness at all times.
- Experience in dealing with helpdesk request & answering Trouble tickets
- Assist IT-support with loading and unloading of IT equipment and new hire set up IT equipment on desks.
- Small works, Painting, locks, handles, door closers, Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, deliveries & collections.
- Assist Security on occasion.
- General Janitorial duties, unblocking toilets, rubbish removal etc.
- Replace defective light bulbs
- Understand and comply with site Health & safety requirements at all times & work in a safe manner
- Able to carry out Risk assessments relevant to the task
- Carry Building fabric audits
- Support the BOC and the facilities team where required
- BMS/Phillips Lighting system knowledge
- Minimum 3 years’ experience to include good DIY skills with some carpentry skills.
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Be prepared to work weekends and bank holidays if required
- Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written report
- Familiar with computer equipment and programs. (Word, excel and outlook)
- Skilled and physically able to operate electric hand tools, work on a ladder, carry tools, lift and carry heavy loads
- Knowledge of emergency evacuation procedures and Health & Safety.