Technical Services ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Do you hold an engineering qualification with extensive technical experience? Are you currently working within a retail environment and looking for your next opportunity? If so, we would like to speak with you.
Our client are a leading service provider who require a Technical Services Manager to be based on their retail site in the Surrey area. This is a unique and exciting opportunity in a prestigious, grade II retail asset which is undergoing significant investment. This varied role incorporates large scale contract management, delivery of innovative sustainability solutions and the leading of major works projects in a thriving customer and retailer environment.
As a key member of the management team, the person will report directly to the centre director and will play a central role in achieving a leading stakeholder service whilst remaining aligned to the long term asset strategy.
• Takes responsibility for the maintenance and repair of the building and services, whether by direct labour or under contract, with timely completion of reactive PPM tasks.
• Oversee the M & E, Lift, Escalator and Fabric contractors for the site, ensuring high standards are met through regular reviews and setting clear objectives.
• Ensure regular inspections of the building, services and equipment are undertaken with indication of faults and provision of costs for budgetary purposes.
• Responsible for the procurement and control of all parts and materials used by the Building Services Department
• Control and authorisation of the Technical Services department budgets ensuring budget targets are not exceeded.
• Manage the life safety installations, maintenance and periodic testing/ inspections to ensure full compliance at all times.
• Ensure budgets and sustainability targets are achieved by overseeing the centre utility contracts and consumption.
• Lead the team to achieve ISO14001 accreditation.
• Assist retailers in the event on an emergency breakdown or malfunction which affects the safety of other retailers and or customers.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with employees throughout the centre, retailers, contractors, key contacts in the local community and key emergency services.
• Manage direct reports, ensuring regular 1 to 1’s are carried out.
• Be included on the Management Weekend and On Call Duty rota.
• Consistently exceed customer expectations both internally and externally
• ONC / HNC Engineering Qualification or equivalent
• Proven experience in a Technical Management & Facilities role including the management of contracts and contractors
• IOSH formal qualification (NEBOSH Desirable)
• Ability to manage complex budgets to precise timescales
• Administration and organisational skills
• Flexible approach to the role and working hours
• Team player