Office Manager (Financial Services Firm)Back to Vacancies List
Our client is a professional services firm whom occupy one floor of a multi-tenanted prestigious building in the Covent Garden area of Central London.
The role is to support the Office Managing Partner in the smooth running and development of the office including crucially the management of support staff; office facilities, services and equipment; planning and financial management; change management; and liaising with external and internal contacts. Develop and maintain an efficient working environment, ensuring all office services and support staff are managed to an optimum level.
Office services and facilities responsibilities:
- Oversee the maintenance of contract services, including cleaning, maintenance, office equipment and furniture, as well as office infrastructure.
- Seek to obtain best deals from suppliers, ensuring that agreed SLAs and performance standards are met. Take steps to resolve issues, should they arise.
- Provide facilities services to sub-tenants, ensuring that effective event management is provided, office space is optimised and service charge budgets are prepared and correctly apportioned.
- Manage costs in accordance with agreed budgets and identify ways of improving profitability. Assist in the drafting and maintenance of office expenses budget in collaboration with OMP and Financial Operations Manager.
- Manage the lease for off-site storage facility, ensuring efficient delivery and collection of requested files and annual review and destruction of files.
- Maintain effective Health & Safety (H&S) processes: including regulatory compliance, ergonomic and risk assessments, sourcing H&S support/equipment and liaising with external contractors for testing of electrical appliances and fire-fighting equipment. Advise OMP of H&S issues and take appropriate agreed steps to resolve.
Team management responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage support staff to ensure that adequate resources are available to meet needs: maintaining staffing levels for each role and liaison with relevant line managers, as required.
- Manage the facilities and events / front of house teams in order to provide full support to the OMP and Partners.
- Monitor workflow to secretaries and liaise with line managers to ensure usage of support staff time is optimised. Improve workflows, managing and assisting with redistributing workloads as needed.
- Oversee key operating processes and ensure that best practice processes are followed, efficiency is optimised and that ISO requirements are met.
- Involvement, with OMP and central HR department, in annual pay review for support staff.
- Maintain the office staff time system and the absence management software and take steps if necessary to resolve any issues that might arise over time-shortfall or significant absences. Manage overtime.