Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens’ client has tasked the UK’s leading Facilities Recruitment Company, Maxwell Stephens, to find a dedicated, experienced and action-orientated professional to become its Facilities Manager. This high tech company is seeking someone who is both enthusiastic and well organised for their large and diverse building in Cambridgeshire.
THE RIGHT PERSON FOR OUR CLIENT
- With your previous experience in managing facilities and functions in an office, you’ve been working towards this position. Our client will greatly value and utilise your proven track record in managing teams and dealing with difficult situations.
- Decision making excites you. Your judgement is crucial, as you solve problems quickly and logically to keep the company running as smoothly as possible.
- You’ve implemented health and safety procedures before and could easily do it again. You have all the relevant health and safety training, and can’t wait to put it to good use.
- It’s not just time you’re good at budgeting; with your past in project management, you’re used to planning and managing financial budgets. You’re also brilliant at prioritising tasks to achieve your goals, meeting performance targets and outputs.
- Your organisation skills are second to none. You are on the ball with your timekeeping; never missing a deadline. Achieving targets is important to you, so you always diligently plan ahead. Keeping calm in a crisis and thriving under pressure are what you’re all about.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Managing your own facilities team, you will evaluate their performance; providing support, training and development where it’s needed. You’ll also manage staff in departments under remit, helping them to increase productivity and meet the needs of the business; including reception, the post room, file control, information research and catering.
- The health and safety of all employees at our client will be in your hands as you form and implement new policies and procedures. Your regular risk assessments and swift responsive action will keep your colleagues safe and happy.
- As the facilities manager, you will make use of your communication skills. You’ll liaise with landlords, agents, and tenants to review facilities, building controls and future plans. You’ll also be the point of contact for any queries and complaints about the premises, as well as for all aspects of the annual power shutdown. You’ll use your skills of negotiation to review supplier and contractor costs and manage tenders.
- You’ll have the extremely important responsibility of ensuring the security and safety of the building. You will monitor access systems such as alarms, locks codes, and keys.
- You will be required to set and monitor budgets throughout the year; including departmental expenditure, suppliers, and rent reviews.
If you have experience in the above and would like to apply, please contact Lilly Yuill on 0203 903 4261 OR send your CV to email@example.com