Head of Group Facilities Management – Ref 667Back to Vacancies List
Our mission as an employee co-managed partnership is to run great hospitals dedicated to our patients. By putting doctors and nurses in charge of our hospitals, and making all employees owners, we empower our people to go the extra mile for our patients.
Circle hospitals combine clinical excellence with five-star hospitality. Because for our patients, ‘good enough’ never is.
At present, Circle operates five facilities including the Nottingham NHS Treatment Centre, the largest winner of the UK Department of Health’s Wave 1 Independent Sector Treatment Centre contracts.
Circle opened its first “home grown” hospital in Bath in 2010, a radically designed new hospital designed by our partners and by the world-class architects Foster + Partners. This award-winning hospital is built to show how the future of hospitals and healthcare delivery can be better for patients and staff, and cost less too.
Circle Reading, the second of the partnership’s new independent hospitals, provides a range of planned operations, outpatient appointments, diagnostic testing and day case procedures in an outstanding physical environment designed by internationally acclaimed architects. Its clinical operations are led locally by its Medical Advisory Committee with support from its corporate head office based in London.
Circle also expects to play an increasing role in working alongside the NHS to deliver world-class healthcare whilst challenging the costs of delivery and driving up productivity – to benefit patients, partners, and the community. Further to this goal, Circle assumed managerial control of Hinchingbrooke Health Care Trust in Cambridgeshire, the first time a private provider has operated an NHS district general hospital.
For more information about Circle please visit our website, www.circlepartnership.co.uk.
The Head of Group FM will be a key member of the Central Operations Team. Circle recognises that Hospitals, Treatment Centres and Clinics that are well looked after and maintained and fit for purpose are an essential part of delivering our Quality Quartet (Circle’s Balanced scorecard)
The purpose of the role is to provide the business with leadership and strategic direction for building and general maintenance together with medical device management thus enabling each unit to deliver its business plan.
What makes Circle unique is its clinical leadership model, and the principle of putting the “power to make a difference at the front line”. This means that everyone in Circle has a role to play in making a difference for patients, partners, and the economic performance of the business.
This role has the following key responsibilities:
- Circle has over the last two years brought all of its FM function in house. You will be required to maintain and enhance this process to ensure it :
-Meets H&S, CQC and other legislative requirements
-Supports the sites delivering against their Quality Quartet of
- patient experience
- clinical outcomes
- staff engagement
- value for money
-Covers PPM and repairs including emergencies.
- Central Contract Administration and Performance Management of our new CAFM system and Helpdesk.
- Enhance and maintain capability for managing FM standards across the sites and driving continuous improvement which delivers the above strategy.
- Support the sites to manage their FM through clear leadership in conjunction with on-site FM Managers lead (internal) and Hospitality Managers.
- You will be required to establish and maintain good links and lines of communication with the executive teams particularly General Managers on all of our sites.
- Guide sites to find solutions for FM projects by engaging support from Procurement, Property or Clinical Governance.
- Provide input into future hospital design based on Circle operational experience working alongside the Circle Property design team.
- Provide FM input and take ownership of the FM work stream and due diligence for all new bids.
- Provide hands-on support in an emergency as well as managing reactive contract works.
- Participate in the planning of capital and refurbishment developments.
- Management and co-ordination of all Circle Facilities to ensure they are compliant from a legislative point of view and that all risks are managed appropriately.
Key Skills, Experience & Qualifications
The ideal candidate will be able to offer the following;
- HNC or equivalent in either Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Time served apprenticeship
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Comfortable with executive level interaction
- In-depth knowledge of hospital building services, including new builds, refurbishments and renovations
- Financial management and Contract management
- A good understanding OJEU rules and public sector procurement
- Project management
- Current guidance and legislation including H&S
- Leadership skills
- Strategic planning
- Adaptable people management skills to engage at all levels of the organisation
- Undertaken energy conservation schemes
- Experience of managing large, multi-site teams
- Experience of working within Healthcare (NHS or Private) or Higher Education
To compliment the above you will possess and be able to demonstrate the following personal qualities;
- A leader and team builder
- A team player
- Able to inspire confidence
- Commercially aware and outcome oriented
- Patient focussed
We are less concerned about traditional qualifications, and more interested in seeing proven evidence for strong and inspirational delivery, and great examples of providing creative and effective solutions to business demands. Evidence of converting creative ideas into action is required, as well as the ability to articulate these to others. You must be able to win the respect of those around you, at all levels of the business and have the ability to sell ideas both internally and externally. You must be confident and credible in order to engage and work with senior people (both clinicians and non-clinicians).
You must be able to deliver on plans, and work with others collaboratively and inclusively. We expect our managers to become great “developers of people”, and so a supportive, collaborative and guiding management style is required.
This is a multi-site role and there is a desire for the role holder to be highly visible across each location, therefore the willingness to travel frequently is a pre-requisite.
Values & Attitude
We place much emphasis on our Credo (http://www.circlepartnership.co.uk/about-circle/our-credo) which helps to inform the attitudes and behaviours that we value most highly. It will be an important part of your role to make sure that these behaviours are embedded within the FM team
We are keen to find people who instinctively “live the values” of our credo.
Reward & Benefits
This is a varied and diverse role that will grow moving forward offering the successful candidate a rewarding and long-term career.
The benefits include:
- Private Health & Dental Cover
- Life Assurance
- 25 days holiday
Please contact Kevina Turnbull at Maxwell Stephens for an informal/confidential discussion and a full job description email@example.com or 0207 4845009.
Maxwell Stephens have been exclusively retained for this campaign and all direct or third party applications will be forwarded to us