Head of Corporate Real Estate and Facilities ManagementBack to Vacancies List
About the role..
To support both its organic and acquisitional growth as well as delivering a great place to work for its employees, our client is looking to recruit a Head of CRE & FM to lead this newly formed function.
Our client employs over 1,400 employees in offices across four main locations – the UK (Wimbledon), Malta, Sweden (Stockholm) and Gibraltar as well as smaller offices in Australia (Sydney and Darwin), France (Paris), Denmark (Copenhagen), Belgium (Antwerp), Italy (Milan).
What will you be doing?
- Provide leadership and direction to the central and local teams as well as overarching strategic management of the group’s real estate property portfolio and oversight of all facilities related operations for the group
- Direct and monitor vendors and other service providers as required and ensure the scalability and localisation of all real estate and facilities services
- Work closely with group and local office management as well as other key stakeholders to identify and prioritise key initiatives, ensure those initiatives are completed in a practical, expedient manner and ensure the delivery of high quality day-to-day support levels
- Direct projects involving employee and department moves, building maintenance, refurbishment, fit-out and those in support of disaster planning or recovery efforts
- Develop, promote, and implement measures to achieve cost effective improvements in operations, increase employee satisfaction, and ensure compliance with policies and regulations
- Lead regional Health and Safety compliance
- Be an effective communicator, collaborator and change agent and possess the appropriate business acumen to meet or exceed the needs of the business
- Direct and lead all facilities staff activities directly or through effective delegation to Group FM Manager (to be recruited)
- Develop annual operating and capital budgets for the real estate and facilities management department and implement effective cost management in order to achieve budgets
- Overall management and administration of Group’s Real Estate and Facilities Management department
- Establish ongoing capabilities for managing and optimizing the entire real estate portfolio
- Support group’s overall strategy and lead delivery of workplace and footprint strategies
- Authorise maintenance resources to respond to production, environmental, and safety emergencies and develop contingency plans
- Oversight and management of construction projects and furniture moves/deliveries
- Approve work orders and ensures any required follow-up is performed
- In conjunction with Procurement team oversee vendor selection process and interface with them as needed. Review and oversee vendor contract negotiations
- Support functional Business Continuity Planning
- Develop and cascade annual performance objectives for department
- Design and approve floor plans
- Provides weekly status reports to the CFO
- Write and deliver progress reports for ongoing capex projects to the CEO, CFO and Executive Management
- Track and report critical Real Estate and Facilities matters to the CFO.
- Lead the negotiation of leases and purchases
- Evaluate architectural and mechanical drawings and recommend changes and alterations as required
- Procure required drawing and documentation necessary for cost estimates
- Develop financial projects, in partnership with Procurement and Finance, for acquisition of equipment, supplies, and services
- In conjunction with the Group Security team, direct the group’s physical office security function
What have you done?
- Degree qualified, preferably with a focus in Real Estate, FM disciplines, Finance or Business Knowledge of cross cultural norms and language incl. business English
- Experience in space optimization
- Knowledge of legal documents and contract management
- 10 – 12 years of related corporate real estate & facilities management experience
- 10 years of previous management experience Advanced knowledge of HVAC electrical, plumbing, mechanical systems, building safety, fire, OSHA and ADA codes, blueprints and schematics
- Experience leading corporate real estate projects and project budget management
- Training in safety and emergency requirements
- Experience with designing and coordinating Disaster Preparedness Plans
- After hours work may be required on an as need basis, e.g., emergencies
- Ability to travel overseas and domestically
Construction Contractor Management; Vendor Management; RFP Management; Fire and Safety; Disaster Preparedness/Business Continuity; Preventive Maintenance; Technical Knowledge; Project Management; Resource Allocation/Management; Financial Management; Health and Safety Management; Building Automation System; Space Management System; AutoCAD; Customer Service Ticket System
- A strategic thinker with demonstrable experience of leadership of Corporate Real Estate and Facilities Management
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance
- Ability to mentor, motivate and coach by providing expertise to team members
- Good knowledge of the commercial real estate market and expertise in real estate portfolio management
- Effective organisation and planning skills
- Must have demonstrated ability to partner with management team, and strong service and teamwork orientation
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement department processes and procedures to help drive organisational improvements
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong business partnering and relationship management skills.