Facilities Assistant (Temporary)Back to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens currently have a temporary full-time job opportunity available to work as Facilities Assistant / Coordinator within our clients London based offices, Bookshop and Cake Shop. The role will involve supporting the work of our Facilities Department as well as attending to staff across all locations. The hours will be 8.00am to 4.00pm, with some flexibility when required.
The Facilities Assistant role is a very busy role which will suit someone able to multi-task with attention to detail, who has excellent communication skills and the ability to be flexible and consistently helpful. You must also be self-motivated, methodical, committed and have the ability to work on your own initiative.
It should be noted that this role will include an element of manual handling and work, such as helping to move deliveries between multiple locations, carrying up to 100 stackable chairs up from a basement to a street level up to 5 times a week, changing light bulbs etc.
This position is working for Europe’s leading magazine of books and ideas. You must be immediately available to apply for this position, as it is initially a 3-month temporary contract.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the first point of contact for all day-to-day facilities and maintenance issues
- To receive and distribute incoming mail and deliveries and booking couriers
- To assist in the ordering and acquiring of supplies, merchandise, stationery etc.
- Ensure that all fire, health & safety regulations and general emergency procedures are observed by employees and sub-contractors
- To keep meeting rooms, post room and all other storage areas tidy
- Facilities Administration duties i.e. updating records, filing, printing documents.
- Adding funds onto franking machine account
- Supervise contractors on site as and when directed by the Facilities Manager
- Data entry onto database used by the Facilities Department and keeping it up to date
- Carry out some HR tasks such as records management and inductions
- Approve reoccurring invoices and enter their details onto the database
- Setting up meeting rooms
- Previous experience in an administrative or customer facing role (minimum 1 year)
- Strong organisational and administrative skills and high level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and a clear and confident telephone manner
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)