Head of Facilities & PropertyBack to Vacancies List
The Head of Properties and Facilities will lead the operational management and maintenance of our client’s huge estate which includes 220 homes, shops, design studios, galleries and restaurants, a neighbourhood centre with a busy conference centre and public realm. We aim to maintain and manage our estate to a high standard in keeping with our values and core purpose of creating an inspirational neighbourhood. This role is responsible for the effective development and delivery of a quality, customer focused and competitive property and facilities service that meets the current and future needs of the organisation.
Knowledge and Experience
- A relevant degree or professional qualification [RICS, CIOB, BIFM, HNC in Building Services] or equivalent demonstrable work experience and evidence of continuing professional development
- NEBOSH certificate and knowledge of Health & Safety regulations relating to an estates function
- Knowledge of CDM and Building Control regulations
- Prince2 or similar project management certificate
- Proven track record of developing and delivering facilities solutions in a complex, multi stakeholder environment
- Evidence of developing and implementing effective systems and processes
- Successful record in leading and engaging staff to deliver on their objectives and to embrace change
Skills and personal qualities
- A personal commitment to and enthusiasm for ethos and mission.
- Ability to think strategically but work operationally
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- A determination to set high standards of performance and to challenge underperformance in a constructive fashion.
- Excellent ICT skills.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and inspire staff.
- Ability to foster partnerships, work collaboratively across boundaries, and achieve performance and results through others.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to change
- Creative thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit.