Maintenance Fitter – M&E / HVAC (Shifts)Back to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens’ client are seeking an experienced shift maintenance fitters to oversee and be responsible for providing reactive and planned maintenance services across the estate.
The shift pattern will be as follows:
4 days on (07.00am to 19.00pm) – 4 off – 4 nights on (19.00pm to 07.00am) – 4 off – repeating.
- Carry out a range of programmed, planned and reactive maintenance/repairs on building services, systems, infrastructure, plant and equipment, commensurate with trade discipline and competence, in line with relevant procedures and schedules.
- Work flexibly across trade disciplines as required, subject to appropriate training and in compliance with relevant safety constraints; support, advise and assist other team members.
- Investigate and diagnose faults using BMS, drawings, manuals etc.; respond to breakdowns, faults and service request calls; assist other tradesmen in completing diagnostic and remedial work.
- Carry out inspections and testing relating to planned maintenance, installations, modifications, refurbishments; carry out associated remedial works;
- Ensure work is completed in compliance with all applicable procedures, safe working practices and statutory requirements.
- Maintain records and complete documentation as required to meet internal and statutory procedures; complete work/time recording as required.
- Operate and interrogate computer based building maintenance and control systems (e.g. Famis, BMS) as required – subject to appropriate training/instruction.
- Carry out a range of associated but non-trade specific tasks as required by the Supervisor e.g. cleaning and tidying work areas, collecting parts/materials, assisting other trades, driving/delivering, attending/assisting fire drills etc.
- Demonstrate commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Qualification/relevant experience in HVAC
- Experience in tracing and rectifying heating faults, air conditioning, chiller systems or steam systems
- Experience with BMS controls (Sigma, Trend etc)
- City and Guilds/NVQ Level 2 in a related discipline as a minimum