Maintenance AssistantBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a financial services institution is seeking a Maintenance Assistant to join them at the earliest possible convenience.
Your main function will be the manage the continual operation and ongoing maintenance of our client’s estates property portfolio when required proactively and re-actively.
You’ll be the lead project manager on all significant works including office and branch building works and fit outs. There is a travel element to this role. You will also be responsible for direct reports including the maintenance assistants.
To play a key role in providing the Facilities support service to a busy business in daily operations, the position performs an important function within the business and is integral to the department’s success. This is a busy environment which requires a good level of skill and a large amount of flexibility.
The work involves a wide range of tasks in all areas of the business, on and off the main site. The role covers all support and maintenance functions both at head office and the wider branch /and office network.
The role is in place to deal with maintenance requests and business support services as required driven by the Facilities help desk, the tasks will need to be completed in the required time and to a satisfactory level, the role requires an ability to prioritise tasks and be self-organised, the role will also require a degree of oversight regarding contractors.
- To carry out maintenance and repair duties across the estate as required by the Facilities maintenance programme or as demands require.
- Order spares for basic repairs and maintain sufficient stock.
- Complete any small modifications work across the sites.
- Maintain external areas of the all the banks premises including weeding, litter duties, general maintenance.
- To take ownership of plant rooms and equipment ensuring basic maintenance is completed to a good standard.
- Ensuring Health and Safety standards are maintained and housekeeping is kept up at all times.
- Carry out routine basic maintenance tasks and electrical and mechanical minor installation work where required.
- To manage contractors on site, provide access and sign off paperwork to ensure security, safety, and quality of work is maintained at all times.
- To Test fire alarms on a weekly basis and update records.
- To Take on the role of First Aider and Fire Marshall
- To take and record water temperatures for water treatment programme.
- To provide “out of hours” coverage and support on site if required.
- To visit branches on a maintenance rota carrying out basic maintenance tasks if and when required.
- To liaise with the Assistant Facilities manager when coordinating repairs or contractors as required.
- To take ownership of building access and security when required.
- Manage deliveries and stock levels and take ownership of stock rooms enabling the department to operate effectively.
- To conduct office and furniture moves when required by the business, and take part in out of hours operations when needed.
- Refill and maintain supplies for vending machines, staff kitchens, water stocks and to Inform Office services of any stock shortages. Maintain paper across the buildings and respond to staff requests
- Organise and arrange the collection of refuse and confidential waste.
- Achieve any targets and personal objectives agreed with you and your line manager.
- To take a proactive approach in solving problems and suggestion improvements to processes.
- The willingness to take on a diverse and ever changing set of tasks and have the ability to adapt with the environment.
- 18 months experience in building maintenance in an office environment is essential, experience in facilities management is desirable.
- 24 months experience of hands on electrical / mechanical repairs is essential.
- 12 months experience in a maintenance / Facilities support role or similar role is essential.
- Previous experience working within the financial services industry or similar is desirable.
- Experience of access control and fire systems would be an advantage.
- Experience in Fire Marshall Management and Health and Safety would be an advantage.
- Experience of ordering supplies and managing on line accounts is desirable.
Our client has as one of its core HR objectives the provision of an open, transparent, and trust-based work environment with respect and equality at its core. You will be expected to conform to our client’s behavioural competency framework, a copy of which will be provided to you after telephone interview by one of Maxwell Stephen’s staff members.
To start your application, please contact one of the Maxwell Stephens team on 0207 118 4848 for more details. You can also send your CV to email@example.com