Facilities Manager (Investment House)Back to Vacancies List
To provide a best-in-class facilities management service covering one entire floor in a major skyscraper in the City of London and any other buildings / facilities within our clients estate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the building estate to a standard that is fitting with best in class
- Ensure that both the colleague and member area in the building are fit for purpose and all services are in working order
- Ensure all meeting rooms are configured and set up in advance of the scheduled meetings
- Demonstrate effective people management skills to support both performance and development of colleagues., including recruitment, training and development of a permanent team
- Prepare annual budgets and forecasts for the facilities function and ensure spend is maintained within agreed budgets
- Continually seek efficiencies on budgeted items, delivering best in class services for the best achievable cost
- Manage all property related contracts and ensure that our suppliers perform against the agreed contractual requirements
- Act as the daily point of contact with the landlord in relation to building matters.
- Maintain and oversee the fire and evacuation process
- Maintain and oversee disaster recovery plan, participating in the disaster recovery committee
- Maintain and update all operational manuals, processes and procedures relating to facilities management
- Ensure appropriate service contracts and cleaning contracts are in place and that the service is provided in line with those contracts
- Conduct regular checks on all service standards via inspections and audits
- Agree contractual SLA’s and KPI’s with suppliers, seeking continuous improvement
- Monitor, review and provide regular reports on SLA’s and KPI’s to the COO
- Ensure all maintenance and repairs are carried out in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Deliver pro-active and strategic space management in line with organisational objectives
- Understand and deliver compliance with health and safety regulations as they apply to multi-tenanted commercial property
- Evaluate levels of colleague and member satisfaction of facilities services and monitor trends, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Monitor the standards, and performance of the team with an emphasis on training, teamwork and delivering a world class customer experience
- Manage post and mail requirements
- Manage, lead, develop and complete recruitment as necessary of the Facilities team.
- Carry out any other adhoc requests that are in line with your skills and capability as directed by the Chief Operating Officer.
Appropriate health and safety qualification (IOSH or NEBOSH)
Skills and competencies
- People management skills to lead, develop and recruit colleagues to provide a best in class facilities service
- Technically competent to manage complex operational systems such as the building BMS systems
- Superb organisational skills with the ability to oversee the management of the entire UK Finance estate to an exceptionally high standard.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills. The role requires dealing with a range of stakeholders, members and colleagues. It is essential that this role holder is able to engage them all professionally and procatively.
- Anticipatory skills to understand the patterns of usage of the whole floor and ability to be creative and forward-looking about how to maximise that usage.
- Excellent process skills with the ability to understand how processes might be improved to ensure excellent service for all users of the member area.
Our client has indicated that they are looking to place their new Health & Safety manager in situ without delay. Maxwell Stephens therefore encourages all suitable and interested professionals to contact us straight away to make their interest in the position known.
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email email@example.com to apply.