Head of Inhouse Facilities ManagementBack to Vacancies List
Our client, one of the world’s leading growing property businesses, is currently looking to appoint a new Head of Facilities responsible for the successful delivery of services across its growing UK portfolio.
Your job responsibilities
Reporting to the UK Director level, your role as our client’s Head of Facilities will, as part of the company’s senior team, see you consult, lead, or take charge on:
- external relationships with our client’s selected outsourced providers,
- the managing and monitoring of outsourced teams ensuring delivery against KPIs and SLAs
- health, safety, and environmental compliance
- systems implementation with a focus on scalability and the minimisation of risk and cost
- business and financial planning and the review of progress against those plans
As part of your responsibilities, you will manage both of our client’s current TFM incumbents who, following your directions, will manage day to day operations. You’re the direct point of contact for all escalations from site – you’ll both manage the escalations inbox and help resolve issues with the incumbents.
In addition to supporting global requirements for system access, you’ll manage H&S and the day to day delivery of H&S policy and procedures, including the establishment of training systems for UK team
Legal compliance systems will now be managed by outside companies and, in addition to monitoring, owning, developing, and implementing legal compliant systems in line with global company strategies and UK laws and governance, you’ll ensure our client’s contractors’ adherence.
Over time, tasks that were once carried out by a dedicated facilities team are being moved to site teams and you will lead on the continuation of the process.
On facilities management, you will:
- be accountable for day-to-day building operations
- help develop, manage, and deliver the facilities budget
- be the key contract providing strategic direction to the FM provider on 3rd party supply selection
- hold monthly meetings with key incumbents, handling feedback for all relative work streams, operations, finance, and HR.
In addition, you’ll develop, own, and implement our client’s energy policy and assist with energy brokering procurement and CRC delivery.
A university graduate up to date on all sector changes and experienced with the outsourced model for FM provision, you’re a proven team leader and people developer with a track record on the production of policies, procedures, and best practice within your organisation.
A competitor-aware, creative complex problem solver, you manage staff and contractors through superior communication skills and an ability to deliver information to a range of groups in an accessible form. You’ll bring experience in project management, creative problem solving, budgetary control, budgetary forecasting, change management, and acquisitions & implementation.
If you’d like to apply for this role, please contact one of the Maxwell Stephens team on 0207 118 4848 for more details. You can also send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org