Interim Building & Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been tasked with recruiting an interim facilities manager for a leading institute in central London. This role will encompass the day to day operational management of the Institute’s prestigious head office.
- The day to day operational management of the Institute’s Grade II* listed premises.
- To ensure that the building fabric, services and equipment are maintained in a fit for purpose condition, liaising as necessary with staff and contractors to minimise any disruption.
- Oversee and keep under review the programme of planned preventative maintenance, ensuring that it is cost-effective and legally compliant.
- Ensure that emergency, remedial and renewal works are carried out promptly and cost-effectively.
- To effectively manage all related hard and soft services contracts,
- The day to day management of the FM budget, and to identify requirements and prepare quotations in line with Institute policy.
- Work in conjunction with the Institute’s Events and Communications Teams to ensure on site events are properly presented/branded and audience needs are catered for – including broadcast media and high-profile speakers.
- To facilitate the preparation of rooms for events and meetings.
- To ensure that all technical equipment, apparatus, furniture and accessories are maintained to the highest standards of readiness and safe conditions, including the development of suitable quality and safety check procedures whether in-house or contracted.
- To implement and monitor a customer care programme ensuring appropriate service levels for all clients, attendees and other stakeholders of the Institute.
- Management of all aspects of health, safety and welfare at the Institute.
- Maximise the security of the property and staff at all times maintaining full compliance with Fire and Health & Safety legislation.
- To be responsible for the development and implementation of standard operating procedures for front of house operations.
- Manage and oversee the development of others, where required;
- To undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time be required.
- Previous Building/FM management experience, preferably in a heritage building.
- Membership of a relevant professional association e.g. BIFM
- Proven knowledge and experience of building and FM related health & safety legislation.
- Knowledge and experience of the production, presentation and administration of onsite events.
- Proven experience of the management of fire prevention and security systems.
- Knowledge and experience of the management of budgets and financial performance.
- Knowledge and experience of managing both external and embedded contractors.
- Proven project management and service delivery experience.
- Be prepared to move furniture as and when required for events.