Interim Facilities Manager (Part-time)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, an established Charity, are seeking an immediately available Interim FM to join their team for a minimum period of 3 months.
This is a part-time post and will be 21-28 hours per week. The client is flexible as to when these hours are worked within the working week.
- To ensure all assets are maintained to a high quality and are compliant with health and safety and legal requirements, with appropriate insurance and annual maintenance plans in place.
- Manage the relationships with individuals and organisations renting space at the Head Office, and establish formal agreements governing rental charges and associated contractual obligations
- To manage any refurbishments, renovations and office moves to make sure they all run smoothly and according to plan and budget, and in line with legislation.
- Liaise with suppliers, research the procurement of goods and services and arrange the provision of office materials and equipment (stationary, cleaning products, ink cartridges etc.) to all offices.
- To organise, manage and review external services such as cleaning, recycling and waste, window cleaning, photocopier, alarm system, repairs and renewals and building maintenance.
- Manage supplier performance through the use of SLA’s and KPI’s ensuring compliance to agreed service delivery standard.
- To negotiate maintenance agreements and ensure necessary maintenance agreements are kept up to date; and deal with utility requirements and problems.
- To ensure the security of premises are in place 24 hours a day and automated alarm systems are regularly checked and maintained.
- Respond to emergency situations or other urgent issues in relation to facilities, health and safety and premises.
- Oversight of insurance arrangements, and policies; co-ordinate with brokers and insurers on any claims; and at renewal.
- Support the Director of Resources in matters of charity governance.
- To ensure health and safety policies and procedures are in place, updated and in line with legislation; and implemented across the organisation
- Develop and maintain a suite of policies and procedures for the organisation appropriate to all its services and business activities
- Provide line management support to the front of house and administration team; and be responsible for the efficient and effective control of the facilities and admin budget.
- Management of day to day general and ad hoc office support and administration
- A degree level qualification, preferably in Facilities Management, Engineering, Management or Business Studies.
- Experience of supporting I.T projects
- Relevant professional health and safety qualification such as National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) and Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- Excellent business administration / management ability
- Experience of managing the provision of services to specific clients / service users / the general public
- Experience of the line management of staff and volunteers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable and proficient in the use of primary Microsoft applications
- Experience of negotiating agreements with third parties
- Evidence of practical abilities in maintaining a large office building or facility
- Ability to negotiate and procure services from contractors and service providers.
- Experience of managing offices.
- Experience of maintaining office administration and managing budgets.
- Experience of managing external contracts/liaising with suppliers.
- Experience of facilities management.
- Knowledge of office systems and practice.
- Adequate knowledge of procurement procedures and standards.
If you believe you have all the required experience, please contact the team at email@example.com or call 0203 903 4265 to discuss in more detail.