Maintenance Technician (4 Days per Week)Back to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens’ client are seeking an experienced maintenance technician to contribute to an exceptional resident experience through the provision of a high standard of repairs and maintenance tasks. This role will inspect and diagnose faults and repairs in addition to undertaking minor day to day repairs and decoration to the building(s), grounds and equipment.
The following rota is in place:
Rota Week 1 = Monday- Friday 8:00 to 17:00
Rota Week 2 = Monday- Friday 10.00 to 19:00 plus Sat and on call rota
This role requires an immediate start
- Work as part of a friendly and supportive team playing a vital role within the Community team to ensure all residents enjoy a high level of cleanliness throughout their community.
- Communicate effectively with customers, clients and colleagues; demonstrating a clear understanding of the issue and using initiative to respond accordingly
- Maintain a focus on delivering services within agreed budgetary & resource parameters
- Monitor the electronic maintenance reporting system through TCAS or Base 360 daily ensuring tasks are completed to a high standard and within suitable time scales, corresponding with tenants when required.
- Administer all property maintenance & records in accordance with our client’s policies & procedures
- Maintain adequate levels of spares, stock and supplies, ensuring effective forward planning
- To respond to calls outside office hours which cannot be resolved without a presence on site referring to appropriate contractors as necessary
- Undertake repair and maintenance tasks to a high quality including plumbing; joinery and carpentry; painting/decorating; maintenance of lighting and; required statutory testing
- Understand and respond to health and safety matters in an appropriate & timely manner
- Moving furniture and heavy items from location to location on site as required
- Ensure all common parts of the site including refuse and recycling facilities are frequently inspected and maintained to the highest standards of repair & cleanliness.
- Co-ordinate Contractors/Suppliers executing minor works contract on site
- Monitor Sub-Contractors performance to standard and retain accurate records of their site operations including all relevant RAMS & Permits to Work.
- Highlight and assist with the management of any community works.
- Assist the Community Manager in key management ensuring high levels of security at all times.
- Accompany external contractors whilst on site in line with key management and access to accommodation policies and practice.
- Ensure annual checks are carried out for their statutory insurance and qualifications.
- Ensure the gardens and grounds maintenance to the property are well maintained, clean, tidy and hazard free, supervising external contractors as required
- Manage & maintain all statutory testing records, utilising other team members where appropriate
- Carry out annual PAT testing and inspections of emergency lighting, weekly fire alarm tests and fire evacuations
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company and safe systems of work guidelines
- Report any incidents or accidents to the Community Manager using the correct system and documentation
- Review site risk assessments as required with Community Manager.
- Look to maximise efficiency of utilities.
- A reasonable level of general education educated to O’ Level / GCSE level or equivalent with demonstrable written and numerical skills.
- Awareness of H&S requirements on site
- Continually strives to improve knowledge, skills and abilities to produce the best results
- A recognised trade qualification, Building Crafts Operative Certificate, City and Guilds or NVQ relevant to undertaking repairs and maintenance in a residential building is essential.
- Experience of undertaking repairs and maintenance in a domestic residential environment or as a general builder /residential construction in the following trades; plumber, electrician or carpenter
- Fluent English verbal and written communication skills
- Helpful, friendly personality with effective communication skills behaving in a professional, courteous and helpful manner towards colleagues and residents at all times
- Good team player with strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Positive approach and ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to determine cost effective solutions to repairs
- Contractor & Supplier Supervision skills are desirable
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to multi task and prioritise
- Numerical skills necessary to complete the above activities
- Flexible approach to work and adaptable to thrive in a changing environment.
If you think you have what it takes, please contact Robyn Powner on 0207 118 4848 for more details or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this exciting role.