Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens are pleased to present a new opening within a specialist property management company.
This client has asked Maxwell Stephens to find an ambitious and dedicated Facilities Manager. This is the opportunity to work in a collaborative and results-driven environment within an extremely diverse position.
- To assist the property managers, marketing/Letting team and the Facilities Management team with management of the property
- To draw up general specifications and go out to tender for service charge contracts and minor and non-recoverable works contracts.
- To vet and then regularly monitor contractor’s performance.
- To regularly inspect the common areas throughout each working day including WCs, showers and common kitchens and to ensure cleanliness standards are maintained
- To inspect vacant units on a daily basis and ensure they are kept clean and tidy
- To ensure good handover of site issues to temp facilities staff for holiday and absence periods
- To arrange access for contractors when required and to manage a permit to work system. To regularly monitor major projects on site as and when required.
- To be an interface with tenants and to regularly visit all tenants on a weekly basis and deal with management issues that they may raise in a customer friendly way and within a reasonable response time
- To show vacant offices to interested applicants as and when required if letting agent is not present.
- To assist property managers to set up annual service charge budgets and monitor costs through the service charge year to work within budget.
- To assist with drawing up of proactive cyclical works plan.
- To have full knowledge and understanding of commercial property statutory requirements including (but not exclusively), fire risk, health & safety, asbestos, DDA, EPCs,
- To monitor and manage diary system for all statutory tests/ risk assessments/contracts for the property
- To carry out weekly fire alarm bell tests and assist with bi annual evacuation tests
- To resolve and deal with all action points raised within annual risk assessments to ensure compliance through regular liaison with consultants and Senior Facilities Manager
- To report all Health and Safety issues to the Senior Facilities Manager
- To deal with handover of units as they are let to tenants including taking meter readings
- To take back units when tenants vacate and arrange minor repair/redecoration works to deal with dilapidations
- To take accurate monthly meter readings of electricity/gas/water meters
- To deal with all emergencies on site and to be on call and respond at all reasonable times
- To manage the utilities and communications infrastructure
- Any other duties as deemed necessary.
- To ensure all site filing / site information is kept up to date
The post holder would be required to work full time (hours between 8am- 5pm) based at Otley. They should be ideally experienced with Contractor/Health & Safety database, Excel, Word and Outlook. They should have previous health & safety training and have a good manner to deal with tenants and suppliers/contractors. IOSH or NEBOSH qualification would be preferred but not essential.