Facilities Assistant (6 Month Contract)Back to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens are excited to announce they have been tasked with finding their client, an industry recognised leader in marketing communications, a Facilities Assistant to be based in Central London. You will support the management by facilitating successful and productive working relationships between all key stakeholders, end users and the wider FM team.
What you will be doing:
• Meet & greet clients, suppliers internal staff and visiting staff with a courteous and efficient manner, offering refreshments, information and direction as appropriate
• Manage all reception calls in a friendly and courteous manner
• Be aware of all Front of House service standards and work as a team to ensure they are met and exceeded
• Ensure reception desk, waiting area, client areas and meeting rooms are kept clean, tidy, fully equipped, displaying the appropriate branding, and is setup and ready for use
• Report maintenance and cleaning faults to the onsite Facilities Assistant
• Ensure Health & Safety and Evacuation procedures are communicated to all new starters and visitors attending site
• To organise newspapers and flowers in accordance with the instructions given, and ensure adequate records are kept
• Process visitor requests for Wi-Fi logon, faxing, photocopying and provide local area information e.g. travel, restaurants, pubs, hotels, taxis.
• Ensure that visitors and contractors passes are issued and all details are logged on the relevant system. Endeavour to retrieve passes when the visitors/contractors leave the premises
• Store coats and luggage as required. Contact hosts and escort clients to the meeting room, if required
• Attend 1-2-1 meetings with the Assistant Facilities manager
• Booking and confirming of meeting rooms, lunches, breakfasts, dinners and any other internal events when required.
• Liaising with the hospitality contractor regarding next daily/weekend requirements
• Answer enquiries from the generic reception mailbox and facilities mailbox.
• Update staff list and floor plans
• Create and cancel access passes for starters and leavers (respectively)
• Carry out all new starter inductions in absence of Assistant Facilities Manager.
• Placing stationery and consumable orders when required.
• Process business card orders
• Answer all switchboard calls in a timely and professional manner and according to agreed script and SLA
• Maintain a high level of customer service while dealing with all calls
• Take and relay messages
• Arrange couriers / organise taxis for clients as appropriate
• Update courier and taxis intercompany recharge spread sheet
• Maintain a no names policy and employee confidentiality
• Handle emergency calls according to issued processes and procedures
• Upkeep a knowledgebase of departments and call forwarding information.
• Finance, health & Safety, events, meeting and hospitality responsibilities.
What you will need:
• A minimum of 12 months’ experience in a similar role within Facilities Management
• Good working knowledge of standards and legislation as applicable to the FM market
• Working knowledge of Stationery and Printed items
• Working knowledge of contract cleaning
• Working knowledge of reprographics
• Proven customer service skills gained in a corporate environment
• Broad understanding of Soft Services including mailroom, archiving, pest control and vending
• Willingness and ability to deal with emergencies
If you could describe yourself as approachable, cheerful, helpful and presentable and you can demonstrate the above experience and you would like to apply for the role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org