Interim Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens are delighted to be representing one of the Royal College’s to recruit an Interim Facilities Manager (temp) for a minimum period of 6 months.
In this role you will assist in the day to day running of the College’s facilities, ensuring that all functions are carried out courteously, efficiently and effectively.
Deputise for Head of Facilities, when required.
- Ensure that Facilities staff provides a customer focused service to the College.
- Manage performance, absence, sickness reporting.
- Ensure staff are deployed appropriately to cover all areas of service provision.
- Manage and oversee moves, tenant, health and safety and contract management queries.
- Deal with queries and issues relating to Managing Agent, tenant, divisional offices.
- Assist with moves/churn, space allocation, utilization assessments.
- Liaise with contractors and managing agent to set up reactive and planned maintenance visits.
- Compile and monitor H&S records, assist with fire tests and evacuation drills, update fire and first aid information.
- Liaise with divisional offices relating to H&S admin and records.
- Carry out health and safety induction briefings.
- Manage on line DSE assessment programme for staff.
- Set up internal assessments when necessary, liaise with HR on health requirements, set up external workstation assessments when required.
- Respond to CCTV, access control and intruder equipment issues.
- NVQ or similar qualification in facilities management or relevant experience
- IOSH or similar qualification or relevant experience with excellent knowledge of Health and Safety
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Staff supervision experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong IT skills and preferably experience of Microsoft Office and Internet
- A flexible approach, with a willingness to work as part of a team
- Diplomacy, tact, and an ability to communicate efficiently with a variety of people
- Ability to anticipate problems and take initiative
Ability to work well under pressure
- Willingness to work outside normal office hours on occasion, i.e., early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Experience of Facilities helpdesk software