Health & Safety and Regional Office ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been assigned to work on a new and exciting assignment on an exclusive basis on behalf of a Top UK Law Firm. The position is for a Health & Safety and Regional Office Manager. It is to be based in their HQ in Bristol but our client also has offices in London, Belfast, Edenborough, Glasgow, Manchester and Piraeus (Greece). This role is part of the IT & Facilities group reporting to the Facilities Manager, working closely with Regional Heads, Office Managers, Risk and IT teams.
The facilities are responsible for the smooth running of various day to day activities including switchboard, the conference suites, catering, post, archives, document services, office moves, security, health & safety and many other support functions.
To coordinate the management of Health & Safety and support the Facilities Manager with the operation of the regional offices to create safe and well managed work spaces for the employees, clients, contractors and visitors.
Health & Safety (H&S)
- Provide competent Occupational Health, Safety and Environment advice to employees, including the review of policy and procedure to ensure the Firm is well positioned to fulfil its statutory obligations.
- Set an example of best practice approach in all duties and adhere to the Firm’s H&S policy and procedures.
- Lead the H&S committee and review meetings to ensure effective monitoring, evaluation and prioritisation of H&S actions.
- Undertake and maintain risk assessments for all Facilities activities and use of equipment.
- Support the Managers across all aspects of the Firm to undertake and review risk assessments.
- Procure and maintain any PPE required for staff as identified in risk assessments of activities.
- Support the Facilities Assistant in the coordination and administration the DSE self-risk assessment forms and provide solutions as required for any issues.
- Support the Office Managers in ensuring each office complies with its H&S responsibilities and assist them with implementing change to meet H&S best practice.
- Manage the H&S training plan and recommend training needs.
- Support arrangements for emergency evacuation, fire and first aid.
- Coordinate any maintenance and repair works required for the Regional offices.
- Maintain the records for periodical preventative maintenance (PPM) and ensure maintenance is undertaken in on time.
- Maintain reactive maintenance databases and produce routine reporting data for the Facilities Manager.
- Liaise with landlords building management teams and agents.
- Support the Facilities Manager with any office relocations, refurbishments or churn moves (occasional out of hours work may be required).
- Undertake physical security audits at all offices, make recommendations for improvement and implement change as agreed with the Facilities Manager.
- Coordinate energy information, prepare ESOS submissions and make recommendations on how energy management can be improved across the Firm.
- Review and maintain the H&S, Security and Environment policy and procedure documents held on the Firm’s intranet (Atlas)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Management systems experience ideally with OHSAS18001 (essential) and ISO14001 (preferable).
- Ideally previous OHSE experience working with a UK multi-site work force,
- Currently holds a NEBOSH Diploma in relevant discipline (essential).
- Lead Auditor qualification (preferable).
- Excellent people skills with the ability to deal with employees face to face and on the telephone and able to take control of emergency situations, remain calm and put people at ease.
- Flexible approach with capacity to take on a variety of tasks working across all aspects of the wider Facilities team and undertaking other Facilities duties as required.
- Manual handling skills to be able to lift heavy loads.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Common sense approach to problem solving with positive solutions.
Demand for this position from qualified and enthusiastic candidates is expected to be high. Should you wish to apply for the role, we ask that you contact us directly and without delay to register your interest.
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email email@example.com to apply