Estates ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a successful not for profit organisation, have assigned Maxwell Stephens to recruit a Estate and Facilities Manager to join their team. This role will lead the Estate & Facilities Management team to deliver a high standard, customer focussed estate, facilities and fleet service to the organisation.
This role will be a blend of the more strategic and forward thinking view to create a great place to work along with the need to ‘roll up sleeves’ and ensure we provide a safe, compliant, efficient and sustainable working environment and an operational, safe and compliant fleet of vehicles.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Property and Workplace Strategy:
- Working with the Executive team to develop the strategic direction and related objectives for Property and Workplace to support the delivery of the strategic plan following relevant legislation and best practice from all sectors.
- Creating and delivering plans to manage the organisations assets in a compliant, safe and best practice manner.
- Create and lead within the Organisation a sustainable approach to the function taking in to account legislative requirements and green working practices and building operations.
- Responsibility for the best practice maintenance of the estate including planned and reactive maintenance.
- Develop with the Executive Team an operational delivery strategy which makes best use of both internal resources and third party contractors.
- To project manage capital programmes as and when required.
Customer Focused Facilities Management Service:
- Leading the development of the Facilities Management Strategy to create a workplace which supports and enables all the staff delivery outstanding care services.
- To be responsible for all soft and hard services including but not limited to: M&E, Fabric, Cleaning, Catering, Car Parking, Grounds, Waste Management, Security, Reception, Mail Services, Pest Control
- To establish and maintain a comprehensive planned preventative maintenance schedule to maintain the satisfactory operation of all buildings, plant and equipment and ensure that the appearance of the interior and exterior of our buildings remain compliant, safe, fit for purpose and reflects our brand values at all times
- To procure and manage services through a blend of in-house and out-sourced delivery methods.
- Tendering, assessment and implementation of contracts in line with best practice and company policies to achieve overall best value
- Monitor and review the performance of third party suppliers to agreed service levels and ensure that the highest quality and service standards are provided.
- To establish and manage the Estates, FM and Fleet budget.
- To ensure standards of service for all the services provided by the team are reviewed regularly and that they are delivered to the agreed standards through creating methods for customer feedback.
- Working closely with colleagues across the organisation who, although are not within the line management for this role, but will work closely such as the Operational Management team, Health and Safety, Finance etc.
- As and when required proactively present workplace related business cases to the Exec Team for consideration
- Ensure CAD plans are maintained and kept up to date. Ensure space is compliant and designed to meet the needs of the Organisation and the staff.
- Working with departments and the Executive Team plan for future space needs and the needs of the future workforce.
- Lead the client’s approach to 24/7 security; to ensure the safety and security of all staff, visitors, members of the public and assets
- To develop the Security Policy, Procedures and Risk Register and to deliver these in to the Organisation
- Organise and oversee security operations through the provision, procurement and coordination of a Security Management Service. Creating and ensuring an environment where employees, visitors and property are safe, well-protected and is conducive to engagement and high performance.
- Work with the external stakeholders and counter-fraud advisors to inform security management.
- Maintain all security infrastructure
- Manage, administer and monitor all security infrastructure ensuring compliance to legislative and best practice guidelines at all times
- Liaise with the local police and emergency services as and when required
- Ensure a fast and appropriate response to all out of hours emergencies
- Work with colleagues in IT to identify a forward thinking and digital approach to storage which is within our Information Governance responsibilities and accessible for colleagues.
- Work with colleagues across the Organisation to ensure that storage is reviewed and optimised at regular intervals.
- Reduce the paper based records being stored both on and off site.
- Manage and maintain the storage premises as required
- To develop with the Executive Team a Fleet Management Policy and Procedure.
- To ensure that the business operations have access to company fleet across the network of localities so that services are never impeded due to challenges with the fleet
- Negotiating the right lease management contracts in line with best practice and Company Policy ensuring that vehicles are available when needed so the business can deliver the high-quality patient facing services.
- Working with colleagues across the business to define the vehicular adaptations required to deliver our high-quality patient facing services.
- Ensuring that the fleet are safely and compliantly reconfigured to the specific requirements e.g. tough books, green lights and seasonal tyres.
- Ensuring all adapted vehicles are compliant, safety checked and roadworthy prior to use.
- Ensuring all insurances are appropriate and up to date at all times
- Vehicles are in place ready to use when needed.
- Ensure that issues and maintenance are dealt with in a timely manner with safety at the forefront of all decision making and that owned vehicles are made good ready for sale.
- Maintenance of accurate and compliant records.
- Leadership of projects relating to change, post-merger or acquisition from an Estate and Facilities Management perspective.
- To tender, commission and oversee FM projects that continually improve and develop services that enable the organisation to deliver the strategic plan.
- Responsible for ensuring relevant policies and procedures are compliant with legislation and best practice.
- To manage any fleet or property insurance claims.
- Responsible for communications with employees at all levels of the organisation regarding the working environment so that they feel engaged, empowered and motivated
- Work closely with internal stakeholders such as Health and Safety, Emergency Planning, Management Team and employees to work on interdependent projects which will improve our organisational effectiveness.
- Budget management
- The ability to lead a small team to create and deliver a customer focussed approach to FM.
- The ability to manage and provide direction to outsourced staff and contractors
- Strong People Management capability demonstrated by previous experience in leading a multi-disciplinary team and delivering high standards.
- Ability to develop a team and their careers within the client.
- Enabling new ways of working.
- Able to lead others, including colleagues who are not within the team, through key projects.
Qualifications and Training:
- Qualification in Site Management and/or Facilities Management (BIFM Level 3 or above)
- IOSH or equivalent
- NEBOSH National General Certificate (Desirable)
- Experience in the management of a diverse and disparate estate
- Experience of designing and managing working environments that consider performance and wellbeing in a large organisation.
- Significant experience of providing advice and guidance at a senior level gained in a similar environment.
- Experience of providing a Facilities function within a similar environment.
- Demonstrable success in leading a Facilities Management team to deliver a customer centric approach. (Desirable)
- Experience of managing a team of staff responsible for service delivery
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and style and the ability to positively influence at all levels of an organisation
- Computer literate and with a good understanding of how technology can improve practice
- High level of numeracy skills
- Able to analyse situations and solve problems
- High level strategic planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic and motivated team player with experience of developing teams
- Ability to manage a complex workload and prioritise own and team activities to meet deadlines
- Ability to work within a broad strategic framework on personal initiative
- Commitment to own and teams continuous personal and professional development
- Proactive, able to work on own and as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Adopts a ‘can do’, practical and collaborative approach to getting the job done
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email email@example.com to apply for this exciting role!